Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Postby PLA » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:10 pm

An upgrade!

The Assassin's throws are pretty cheap. The Swordsman could set up extra damage on all targets the first turn with the auto-spread.
Swordsman helps with Squall Shot, too.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Natbuk
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Natbuk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 pm

More testing -

An Imperial's skills require a gunblade equipped.

When a gunblade is equipped, dual-wielding is disabled.

Imperial Assassins with Shadow Skills WILL double-drive or double-cooldown(!!)
If you have 6 turns of overheat from Flame Drive, and Sharp Edge triggers Shadow Skills, you'll have 3 next turn (6 -1 for a turn, -1 for Sharp Edge, -1 again)
However, double-driving does NOT incur double heat. Whether or not Shadow Skills triggers, Flame Drive will generate the same turns of overheat.

Elemental forges DO trigger Conversion on normal attacks (Elemental forges do not affect skill elements, just like in 3.)

The Sniper's Squall-shot does not trigger multiple Swordsman Link chases.

Rune Master spells that attack multiple times do not trigger multiple Swordsman Link chases.

It looks like the general rule of thumb is that one skill = one link chase. Sword dance, Shadow Blade, and Rush Dance break this.

Link damage is set at the time the swordsman attacks - no changes to buffs will change the chase damage later in the turn - the links will even trigger if the Swordsman is dead.

Nobody is considered to "hit" with the link - meaning it does not trigger Conversion.
Last edited by Natbuk on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Ooooo, nice.

Oh, I have three questions.
1) Is it the the Swordsman that does the link chase?
2) Can the links be done with any weapon?
3) Is the Samurai's Roar weapon or TEC based?

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:09 pm

1) Is it the the Swordsman that does the link chase?

2) Can the links be done with any weapon?
The Links require a Piercing Sword (Rapier) or a normal Sword. (Weapon categories are Swords, Piercing Swords, Maces, Bows, Staves, Daggers, Katanas, and Gunblades)

3) Is the Samurai's Roar weapon or TEC based?
I've got no clue. I suspect they are Strength-based, but would not trigger Shadow Skills.

Bonus info! I forgot about this until I started testing a lot of weird characters - You can now set up defined parties at the guild hall! If you want to make several groups to switch between, it's a lot easier now to flip back and forth.
Last edited by Natbuk on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:35 pm

No, I meant, it says 40% on the follow ups. But 40% of what? The Swordsman's attack power? The triggering person's attack power? Something else? It's sounding like the first or third, though.

Hm... I guess I'll find out eventually for Roar. I'm wondering if it's effective on a Rune Master main. Thanks! =3c

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:14 am

Out of all the silly things for me not to cover...

40~50% of the damage done by the original link attack. If it hits for 100, after all calculations, then the chases will deal 40~50 damage.

Link Mastery increases that per strike. If I may Imagine that Link Mastery went up to 10%...

Initial Strike: 200 Damage
Follow 1 - 100.
Follow 2 - 110.
Follow 3 - 121.
Follow 4 - 133.
Follow 5 - 146.
Follow 6....

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:33 am

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:01 am

I tried to make a Swordsman/Dancer, but ended up without a way to hit multiple targets. Could move a few points around for Round Slash.

Swordsman/Imperial with Wide Links should be fine, too. Less supporty, though.

Edit: What basic stats do classes have, anyway? I bet Mystics are very lucky.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:02 pm

All at lvl 99: (Also note everyone can use Daggers)
What I didn't know for sure I grabbed from the Japanese Wiki
Note that this time around, the fluffballs give no XP, have 1 HP, die if you sneeze, and have a 100% drop rate on one of the stat books. You encounter them on the overworld map, meaning it should be easier to farm books.

Swordsman:
Assassin:
Fortress:
Sniper:
Medic:
Rune Master:
Dancer:
Mystic::
Samurai:
Imperial:

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:24 am

What's the best way to gain experience now that pasarans don't give any?

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:31 am

Samurai are healthy now. :3

Links can't be done with gunblades, right? So Drives and Links don't mix?

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Gold FOEs and dragon farming seem to be where it's at. Basically there are random monsters, including FOEs, that show up as gold. The gold FOEs will look different even while on the map so you can selectively engage only them. These enemies give somewhere around triple the expected XP value. As a side note, they also have a special ability where they get a MASSIVE speed boost every turn - they act before just about everything except bursts. This can be a huge pain because they will act before a Fortress uses his cover abilities.

There might also be something in the end-game. I just cleared the game and got my first Dragon kill last night, so I'm far from having seen everything (I hope).

As to Gunblades and Links, I'm not sure - I have very little evidence on that. Going through all the abilities and writing down what truly requires what is on my list. I know that Links don't work with Staves, and...

AkumetsuLord
Bloodant

Postby AkumetsuLord » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Ahh so that's what the deal is about Gold FOE. I was wondering why i saw a gold version of the Kangaroo FOE, that's pretty cool
"Repeat this after me, I'll never take on a God again!"
-Rugal Bernstein

revgored
Ragelope

Postby revgored » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone has a document containing all of the skills per class? I'd like to start working out some builds on paper, and it would be an enormous help to have all this handy in a single doc.

I did this for EOII and III before they came out, and it's one of the greatest things, just hoping I could do it this time around as well!

Also, just want to say to Zaraf, this is easily my favourite game series in years - I'm 34, and grew up with Wizardry and the SSI Goldbox games, and this is easily the most true series since then.

Thanks very much guys!

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:14 pm

^ Sure, .

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

83 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”