Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Natbuk
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Postby Natbuk » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 pm

So over the labor day weekend, I decided to write a skill simulator for Etrian Odyssey 4, as I needed some help planning my party before I screwed up my Dancer any further.

In the interest of not repeating work, I've reused the code that Zaraf and negzee so wonderfully created for EO3. Long story short, the skill calculator is in a usable state, but I'd like Zaraf or negzee's okay before I post it online. I figured this forum might be the best way to get ahold of one of them.

Lacking a response, I'll go ahead and post a link here in a day or two with many apologies and a promise to remove it if requested.

Update: And we're good! Link is:

http://crazyuncleivans.com/eo4skillsim/EO4Skillsim.html

Hosting is courtesy of a friend of mine who runs a gaming company: http://ruminantproductions.com

(edit: misspelled a name. Oh no!)
Last edited by Natbuk on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Etrian Odyssey IV Skill Simulator Update

Postby PLA » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:21 pm

^ Calling Dr. negzee. Calling Dr. negzee.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

negzee
ItL's resident princess

Postby negzee » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Yeah sure, I have no problems with that, and I'm sure Zaraf won't mind, either. Thanks for updating it for EO IV! :D I'm just sorry you had to suffer my lazy coding.

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:30 am

Cool! Thanks.

Link is:

Hosting is courtesy of a friend of mine who runs a gaming company:

I tried to do my best with the translations, but as I said I'm only a beginning Japanese reader and a lot of the work was done when I was getting pretty sleep-deprived. Let me know if you have any suggestions / corrections.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 am

^ Thank you, Natbuk. :3

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Zaraf
Fenrir

Postby Zaraf » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 am

OMFG! You THIEF! Take that down RIGHT NOW!

lol

Yeah man, glad to see someone made some good use of our stuff :) As negzee said, we're both cool with you using our stuff ;) haha

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:50 am

Good to see a skill sim up so early.

also... Holy shit, it's Zaraf!

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 am

^ Zaraf, you lurking?

Notice how there are only ten classes. The same number you could multiclass into a single party. Assuming the hidden ones can really be multiclassed without Yggdroid-issues.

Samurai with the Dancer's Dance-tree looks like a low-maintenance fighter who can pitch in with team-heals.
Know who else might like multi-hits? Crit-happy Sniper.
I still don't know what the wrist-thing is all about, but Fortress is cool. With Dancer or Medic it could be pretty hard to kill.
Can't see an easy way for a main-Medic to spam active healing, but the passives help. If you can use Mystic as the subclass, I suppose you could use a weak, consistently failing zone to regain TP.

I just want to have Revives that don't run out.
Energy Tango could help.

What is this I'm looking at? Rune Master hands out percentage Damage Reduction? But DR is a great type of defense!

Maybe Mystic's Effect Boost works for Assassins.

Looks like the item-harvesting B-team will be combat-worthy this time. They'll have to be, without passive experience.
Sniper handles the drop-rate.

And of course Poison still deals 300 damage. But now it hits everything again, and more easily than the original. Depending on when it becomes available, it could slaughter a stratum or two.

Edit: The Dancer has Warrior's Might?

Edit: Hey! The subclass has half skills.

Swordsman and Samurai are dualwield-bros.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks man this is great =P
Blergh
debating between Rune/Mononofu or Rune/Imperial; both for the TP regen
But R/M looks slightly more attractive with the damage boost of Rage...

Medics...don't really seem THAT good this time, maybe its because Dancers get their healing skill early and can support link swordsman combos better. I guess the trade-off is that most of their healing skills take effect at the end of the turn and unbinding seems to always only work for one row...
Also I have no idea for my Fortress sub ;~;

Kinda happy/sad that subclassing was nerfed

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:30 pm

They didn't want a repeat of more game-breaking combinations like Shogun & Shinobi/Warrior.

> Uses Tagen Battou
> Deals 60k damage (x6)
> Killed 6th Stratum boss in one hit

Natbuk
Ragelope

Postby Natbuk » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:38 pm

So several things I forgot to throw into the help. Everyone seems to be able to dual-wield by default - it just does you no good without a skill that feeds off of it, unless the secondary weapon has stat forges on it.

Dancers get both a minor Warrior's Might, a mostly Warrior's Might, AND Swashbuckling (especially when they're sub-Assassin.) Sword Dance is Swashbuckling, but you need the Assassin's Shadow Blade to cause your second weapon to attack.

Chase Samba does a max of two chases, and it's same-row only. I find myself wanting to use Trick Samba more (which causes your row-mates to chase YOU, and can trigger multiple times off of a Swashbuckle).

Rush Dance is more like Warrior's Might, but it's still limited to 5, and Dancers don't have a huge Strength - they need a little bit of help there. What REALLY feels like Warrior's Might is actually the Swordsmen's links, with Link Plus active. When my Swordsman/Runemaster hits a weakness, that's a lot of high-damage elemental follow-ups that the Sword Dancing Dancer/Assassin will trigger.

What I did with my Medic and continous healing is supplement it with a limit break that only costs one gauge (out of 5 max) - that's not too hard to get every two rounds. The limit break heals the user for a sizable chunk of health (60% on my Fortress/Dancer). My RuneMaster subbed Medic to help alleviate the TP burdun (Mmm TP Cut for in-fight healing), and the Medic subbed Sniper just for some binds/attacks when I'm bored.

However, Yuna's right - it seems like you can run a number of classes to replace Medic for healing. Mystics 'party heal every turn' is good and cheap, Dancer's regen waltz shows great potential, especially with Wide Dance - and Dancers have HUGE TP and TEC. Between limit breaks and self-heals the Fortress and Samurai have, I even think you could run healer-less with far less pain than before.

Gonna stop my walls of text for now... ;-p

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:52 pm

I suspect some Dancer + Swordman shenanigans.

I didn't notice Shadow Blade before. That means a single character will always miss at least one of the dualwield bonuses. Probably the Swordman's extra defense if cutting things is the purpose.
Oh, Yuna is right, the Imperial has some TP-thingy.

I'm thinking Fortress/Medic for revivings. Liking the Sniper, too.

I'm sharing the link~

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Hmm... Does dual wielding different weapon types give you access to both kinds of weapon skills?

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:10 am

^ Hammer and sword Mononofu?

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 am

The Sniper's Squall shot seems potentially delicious =P especially with Observation plus ALL OF THOSE FREAKING CRIT BUFFS
Seriously, why are there so many crit buffs for one class?!?

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

83 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”