Max level gameplay vid. (spoilers!)

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Loonacy
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Max level gameplay vid. (spoilers!)

Postby Loonacy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 am

found this on youtube, pretty neat stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhq8e7RjpA

*Edit

Anyone have an idea as to what Data Initialize in the options menu does?

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Max level gameplay vid. (spoilers!)

Postby Dangerus » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 am

I wish I can read it, then I can actually agree knowing what is what.

Maybe Data Initialize means 'Reset Options' or 'Delete Data'. I don't know, but you had the option to do so. P.S. I remember playing with the EO3 Options before so I can say I may be wrong, since this IS EO4.

P.S.S. Any chance EO5 would have truly customizable characters? I mean don't get me wrong, I love the look of the EO3 and EO4 bunch (and let's not forget the original EO1 & EO2 parties) but since every other game company I know and love is making customizable avatars now (Thank You, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning (and any new Harvest Moon Wii game out there), World of Warcraft, Pokemon Colloseum, and Pokemon X & Y rumors. You now give people the option to take off those awful hats you gave the original avatars! :D)

Anyway, I'll finish the rest of the video; I find this super fun to watch otherwise!

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:56 am

I'm not really a fan of that kind of character customization. It's really hard to get what you want, and a lot of the time I don't KNOW what I want until I see it. So I typically hit random until I see something that I kinda-like and then spend the next hour making it look... not-horrible. And after all that I decide I'm not really sure that's what I want and... well, you get the idea.

That was one of my favorite things about Mass Effect. While you could customize how your character looked, you didn't HAVE to. They gave you two perfectly badass defaults.

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:13 pm

That looked really cool, though the Japanese language meant I could barely tell what was going on.
@Dangerus: Pokemon Coliseum didn't have a customizable avatar. I don't really have a preference in regards to Etrian Odyssey featuring this. What I DO want is the ability to change a character's appearance after creation.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 am

Western RPGs have the ugliest characters ever.

It's a chore to make your character NOT look like an abomination.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 am

^ Accurate.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:15 am

I absolutely hated WoW's art style.

Try making a male human that doesn't look like stan's dad. good luck, they all look the same XD

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 am

^ Well, humans all look the same, anyway. I kind of like the WoW-trolls.

@Pokemon: Battle Revolution.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Loonacy
Ragelope

Postby Loonacy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:20 am

revgored
Ragelope

Postby revgored » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 pm

As a rule of thumb in gaming, you only put in a character editor if you're going to spend a lot of time looking at those characters - you never see your party save for their portraits in the menu select (and now in the combat popup), so there's really no compelling reason for the team to do it.

Also, you'd have to go with a 'bolt on' process of hats/features/etc..., which would mean making the characters either highly digitized, or 3D - which would you prefer for a character portrait?

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Xtatica
Ragelope

Postby Xtatica » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

I would like to have more than 4 portraits per class, but that's just me.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 am

18 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”