Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:28 am

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:47 pm

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 pm

Garlyle
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Garlyle » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:41 pm

(EO sprite templates )

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:43 pm

^ How much does the party-buff for accuracy help?
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:49 pm

You mean Spotter? I don't know, I don't use it. I'd imagine it helps a lot, but the problem is it's a party buff, not a personal one - meaning depending on your composition it might not be reasonable to use if it ends up overriding other, more important buffs.

Also, considering my Linksknecht uses two turns to set up, that's time for me to use Lock-On and Eagle Eye instead.

(EO sprite templates )

ProfAllister
Ragelope

Postby ProfAllister » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:27 pm

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Grey medic is best medic.

AkumetsuLord
Bloodant

Postby AkumetsuLord » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:32 pm

^
Since i have my Medic/Arcanist handle healing, My Arcanist is mostly with Binds (all lvl 5) and with some more added luck, she's been binding enemies most of the time
"Repeat this after me, I'll never take on a God again!"
-Rugal Bernstein

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:21 am

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:00 am

I've only made it to the 1st floor of the 6th maze so far... Schoolwork got in the way of my exploring :P I made it surprisingly far, and I was doing well against some of the new enemies (although admittedly the I hadn't gone back to town to save in between starting the 6th maze and getting trounced, so I decided to go dragon hunting instead. My level cap is now at 99, and as soon as I'm done with my school stuff I intend on jumping back into the 6th maze.

On a somewhat related note, I'm trying to decide if I should change out anything on my team. I want to rework my Sniper into something else. Right now I'm trying to work the kinks out of my Imperial, Arcanist and Runemaster. I can never seem to find the right balance of specialization and versatility. That, and as much as I love my Imperial, I miss the crazy Link madness of Landy. Maybe I'll build up a new link-based team in New Game+. I might even specialize my teams and have one for big Boss Fights, and the other for exploring and such.

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 pm

So, making more modifications to my team and I have a dilemma. I can't decide on a subclass for my Sniper.
I'm stuck between Nightseeker, Bushi and Arcanist. Most of my problems come from needing TP...

With a Nightseeker sub, I get Blade Flurry, dual-wielding bows and Speed Boost. On the off side, I don't have any form of TP recovery, unlike the rest of my party, so unless I stock up on Amritas every time I go out (which I dislike doing, since it means I can't carry as much loot) I end up having to go back to town simply because my Sniper is out of TP, and therefore can't do his job.

With a Bushi sub, I get an extra Attack Boost, Endure, Healing Way and the real reason: Rage and Calm. With a Bushi sub, assuming the Skill Sim is accurate, for every two turns (one if Preemptive Rage activates) I gain 27TP (29 with Preemptive). Attack Boost and Rage also make Squall Shot and Divine Shot even more devastating.

With an Arcanist sub, I get Effect Boost which almost guarantees a bind every time I go after a target (plus increased status on the status-forged bows I'm so fond of), and 8TP back every time I successfully bind something. In other words, I get my TP back for using Bind Skills successfully (and they will be successful, thanks to Ailment boost).

Seeing as TP is my main issue I'm really leaning towards Bushi. 27 free TP in exchange for two turns, plus the power bonuses, is really awesome. I may forego preemptive rage though, since there may be instances where I don't want to waste TP so quickly... but then again, I could just Calm and regain that TP. What do you guys think?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Post-game right? TP really shouldn't be an issue at this point, heck this is the only EO game where I didn't need to horde on Amritas (Probably would've helped against the though).

Still, Bushi is probably your best choice for raw damage. Your Arcanist should really be the one handling the binds since she would have Ailment Boost and a higher LUC stat. Nightseeker isn't a bad choice but it doesn't offer nearly as much as the other two choices.

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm designing with Post-game in mind, but I'm also running this team through a New Game+. They hit level 99 and have been retired into level 30 units, and I wanted to start a new game for the sake of perfecting my maps and experiencing the story again. I am using Bushi now, however. My Sniper is running a mixed set of Binding and Squall Shot/Divine Shot, since he had enough Skill Points to do both without losing anything from either set. I just don't have the second tree of bow skills after Long Shot. After looking them over, I decided I'd rather have my Sniper have those Snipe skills than that second tree of skills... Of course, this means my Sniper doesn't operate well unless the enemy is bound, but that's not an issue.

Another question came up then: Fortress/Dancer or Fortress/Landsknecht?
Dancer sub gives me the status and bind removing dances, plus another attack boost for my Imperial and Fan/Sword/Haze dance. Quick Step allows me to make sure that my Imperial goes first on the turns when he uses his drive skills as well, since he lacks Vanguard. My main concern is how many buffs I can have active at once, since I have Taunt/Rampart/Runes (from Runemaster) and if I do use them, whether Regen Waltz is worth using on a Fortress with their low TEC... Right now, she's got the Tharsis Wing equipped so she gets +10 TEC, but still.
Landsknecht sub would give me Swordbreaker, a Defense/Power boost, Power/Mind Break (although I've got plenty of debuffs with Charm Eye and the Runes, plus I use Atrophic Eye and Hawkeye often enough already), but I think I'd rather have Fan Dance instead of Swordbreaker.

Again, I'm really leaning towards the Fortress/Dancer, but I'm still concerned about actually using the dances.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 am

If you're using Taunt + Rampart + Runes, then you probably don't want to use Dancer. Regen Waltz won't do too much especially when you're sitting in postgame and, yeah, low TEC.

Swordbreaker, more Iron Wall, and Power Break/Mind Break I find synergize better with Fortresses who already use all their slots, even if Fan Dance is great - if not solely because Swordbreaker also helps protect allies from splashing/row attacks.

(EO sprite templates )

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”