Character/Party Build Ideas?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:12 am

The main use my Fortress gets out of her Dancer Sub is Attack Tango and Fan Dance. Regen Waltz is worthless on a Fortress. Every other turn it's Party Guard. My party is made of paper, they need the Fortress to absorb all the damage they would take.

Justanothernerd
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Justanothernerd » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 am

Feedback's much appreciated. I'm still kind of on the fence about using Dancer or Landsknecht. Splash damage usually isn't much of a concern for me, since the only other person on my front line is my Imperial, who has plenty of bulk to take an odd attack. I like the additional defense given by the Landsknecht, but I also really want to use Quick Step. I'm gonna play around with it in the dungeons for a little bit and see what works best though.
Grey medic is best medic.

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 am

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:39 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:14 am

I'm still working on getting them ready but I got 2/5 atm..
Going with A at the moment and I have yet to really test the medic subclass variant but I figure 2 of them would be enough to make sure I have decent healing..while still being able to attack a bit when possible..Fortress one there to help reduce a bit of damage to heal even if it's not as potent as protection from a real Fortress class

Plan A
Imperial/Runemaster
Imperial/Nightseeker
Imperial/Fortress
Imperial/Medic
Imperial/Medic

Plan B
Imperial/Runemaster
Imperial/Runemaster
Imperial/Fortress
Imperial/Landsknecht
Imperial/Medic

Mainly going to try doing this to prove that I can
...and at least I won't try arcanist or sniper subclasses ..xD
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:38 pm

A thought: For a Fortress/Landsknecht: Would using link skills be viable?
I'm playing around in the Skilll Simulator, and if you don't mind not having Heal Wall, the Guard Stances, Holy Blessing or the offensive Fortress skills then you have enough skill points to max Initiative, Vanguard, Link Plus, Link Mastery and the 3 Link Skills while still getting Swordbreaker, Defense Boost, Attack Boost and the Power/Mind Break attacks. The only concern I think would be how much attack power a Fortress can muster, since they aren't exactly heavy hitters. I'm testing the build now, but what do you guys think? Does it seem viable?

Edit: On a related note: If this build doesn't work out, I'm considering dropping my Fortress for a Bushi/Nightseeker. I've subbed Bushi before, so I know about Blood Surge and how to build his passives, but I'm not sure which attacks to put points into. I'll be dual-wielding a club and a sword, the question is which skills to invest in/max out. I currently have everything except Blood Surge, Roar and the offensive skills maxed, and only one point in Blood Surge. This leaves me with 49 Skill Points to invest in, which can potentially max out 6 attacks.
tl;dr - Generally speaking, which offensive Bushi skills are worth using?

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd say no it probably isn't that viable/effective. The main thing about Linksknechts as is, is that they take two turns to set up (Vanguard -> Improved Link) for every three turns of attacking. It's not a matter of how much attack power a Fortress has for linking. and a lot more about the fact that leading links is a very turn-consuming process.

(EO sprite templates )

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Yeah, I figured that out pretty quickly. I'm just going to retire him once I get him to LV99, and get a Bushi/Nightseeker. I figured out which skills I'm going to invest in as well. I opted to just put a single point in Roar since it only affects its damage output and max out everything in the 2nd and 3rd tier skills, excluding the one attack that paralyzes you after use. Massive damage? Yes. Worth getting paralyzed? No. My Bushi is going for longevity, and self-inflicted status is counter-productive.

Wave-tan
Bloodant

Postby Wave-tan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Wave-tan | Administrative Overlord
Waveform Development Circle
waveformfeedback@gmail.com
There's no kill like overkill

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:07 am

My immediate thoughts on a Fortress/Landsknecht (without actually knowing what I'm talking about) is that it would be good for either adding Power/Mind Break for more party damage reduction or using Vanguard to have your Covers outspeed shiny FOEs.

odins ravens
Ragelope

Postby odins ravens » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi everyone. So I don't have much to bring to the discussion aside from asking for help. This is the same thing that happened in EO 3 for me, where I just sat down and looked at the skill sim once I unlocked the subclassing. I haven't unlocked the bushi yet. Im just not sure how to sub class the party. Its really been two days of just looking at these builds trying to weigh things together.
Currently its:
Lan (spec is link hits and some sword skills), fortress (max guards and holy smite, branching into more guard skills), and dancer (entier build around regen and energy skills)
With backrow:
Sniper (whos near maxed binds and going into silver arrow next), and Medic (who is just built as a standard medic.

Im really just trying to figure how to mix it up with subclasses. I know im gonna have to redo things once I get imperial. Just looking ahead I can see my dancer will become a liability once regen waltz loses its effectiveness. Currently I just have no idea what to do with them. The whole sub class skills can only get half max level makes it all more difficult. Any help?

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”