Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 13, 2015 11:23 pm

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:55 pm

I like Fortress/Medic, but Swordsman/Medic is pretty neat, too, so I'm thinking about different Fortress-subs.
Multiple Auto-Heals don't work together, do they?
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Holy necro, Batman.

Well it's been at least 2 years since I even booted up this game, and I really want to give it a fair shot. But I want to give it a fair shot with a different kind of group. SOOO I'm after a bit of advice on class synergies with each other. Not with itself through subclassing, I mean between each other. Now, I'm not asking for good ones, just ones that exist. Are there even synergies between 5 members? Or is that reaching?
Linking won't count for this, either. That's more of 1 character just doing their own thing. Plus, linking is just obvious. I love linking as a mechanic, but wanna try something... different

Just as an example of what I have in mind (remember, not necessarily "good");
Arcanist/Sniper/Runemaster(Arcanist)

Arcanist lays down leg/arm/head bind circles,
Sniper bind chases/squall/divine arrows,
Runemaster/arcanist dismiss blow/blast each successful circle (and returns the TP to arcanist?)

and if I were to go with the example above, what 2 classes would be able to fit into a group like that with little intricacies that aren't just standalone? Something like Landy/Medic Star Drop would clearly fit, but it's independent of the others. That's not something I'm really after

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:50 am

I remember the first time I played through, I tried to stack circles purely for the passive regen because i assumed it stacked. it didn't and I was sad.

It will take me some time to get the "ideal" group, as.... I will deleting my save data to restart. I want to give this run the fairest of shots, and that, unfortunately, means I will be starting ALL over...

That said, I will be starting with...

Dancer/Nightseeker
Runemaster/Sniper/Medic

clearly, I'm going to have some rough going. Ideally I want a combination of sniper, nightseeker, and arcasnist locking things down. I'll probably have to rely on fan dance and shadow cloak before i get all the goodies

Runemaster later on -should- in theory help heal with dismiss heal if I need it once i get there (and can subclass)

Dancer will kiiinda break my rule, but allowing for burst abuse might help? I forget all the different bursts... I vaguely remember something that resets ailments like the arcanist skill, but i might be thinking of an ability from another game?

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:31 am

With such a delicate front row, you might as well use Regen Waltz. And Chase Samba. Maybe you can try out Guard Tango. Although, the dances are most effective for a row of 3 people.

The ailment-related burst skill must be Black Mist. It will make ailments/binds last longer. Looking through the burst skills, I realized that this is the first use of "Black Mist" in Etrian Odyssey. It's present in EO2U.

I don'r remember where all of the burst skills that we find are, or even if I have them all.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:46 am

Yeah, the delicacy of the group as a whole has me a bit concerned... I really just wanna focus less on using the best tried and true methods and try to go with things that bounce off of eachother. "If 1 person does X, than another could do Y" kind of thing.

obviously links exist, but little things like abusing leg binds removing accuracy has me more interested. obviously dancer+sniper lends itself to abusing links. If I must, I must. I could probably forgo the nightseeker and slot in a landy instead...

Fortress is off the table 'cuz I'm stubborn and wont use those classes. perhaps on a NG+

it's always hard for me to START EO anymore because i tend to just go crazy trying to plan out a team rather than playing it...

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:05 am

I've been messing around with different parts of the party before resetting, and i've been able to confirm things like a second arcanist dismissing circles triggers expertise. So the runemaster would slot in as a backup healer.

i knew about nightseeker and sniper playing nice for lockdown. But I do have 1 question before I solidify this group.

...How effective is dance mastery at generating burst? I havent really used it, so I'm just a little lost as to what it does and how reliable it is.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:05 pm

It can be very strong if you use multiple dances. It adds the skill's level to the minimum and maximum amount of burst gained, and is also multiplied by the number of dances active.

Using a basic attack without any modifiers gives around 4 - 15 burst. Using a basic attack with Dance Mastery at 8 and three dances will give around 20 - 31 burst.

A few other things to note; if you're confused you will still generate burst however you will not get the bonuses from Dance Mastery. Also taking multiple actions in a turn (Such as Blade Flurry) will not generate extra burst. You will only get Burst from the first action taken.

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”