Character/Party Build Ideas?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:06 am

Thered only be one healer... in that case itd be D/M or M/D... and A elsewhere would also have circle boon.. they would be another support/damage (A/S or A/R come to mind, heck even N/A would fit here) while still reaping the benefits of circle boon and having access to dismiss heal should you really REALLY DESPERATELY need the heal (maybe waltz isnt up or healer is out of TP??)

i agree whole-heartedly... 2 healers is WAAAAAAAY too much lol

the idea is regen waltz + circle Boon passively. and regen waltz DOES actaully heal pretty decently... just under party heal levels of healing for a line.. per turn.. for free. heck, if you want it party wide you can have a D/M healer wide ranging it so its party wide

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:02 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 pm

i guess its something to mess with.. i mean /R or /B would still be far and away the better subs... but who knows... maybe just MAYBE if it works... it might be useful for a specific party build or 2

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:25 am

Drives work normally with Follow Trace. The cooldown time is unchanged, so it'll be 9 turns without the proficiency skills, 6 turns with them. Double drives is really strong, but its not guaranteed.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:42 am

err do passives such as wide range work with follow trace as well? or it one or the other?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:21 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:08 pm

i just dont think B helps R very much.... youd be losing tp for... physical attacks...
you already have runic gleam...
why not try out... /N for follow trace?

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:00 pm

oh, my bad, i thought Surge was physical damage. whoops.

ive never really used high lvl runemaster mains... how does their TP end up? since their spells cost alot in relation to other abilities... (im aware of free energy but still...)

you might also consider atrophic eye from /A too... its more def. drops for your physical attackers in addition to Eagle Eye from the Sniper. that is... assuming you have the points to throw around.

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:13 am

Free energy helps a lot! My RM main is a TP beast and almost never has problems (he dropped down to 100 during the Storm Emperor fight, which actually surprised me). Mine's subbed as Imperial, which gives him extra elemental damage (more bang for ya buck!), plus FE triggers a lot and his TP boost is maxed. I got Finisher too but yeah 5 TP a pop aint too much.

Also I found that I can dual wield staves so uh I've been taking advantage of that.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:45 am

F/R best caster :3

actually... i wonder how far an F/R could go with Bolt Strike...

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:58 am

i dont the have the patience/knowledge to pull off a solo run, haha

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:21 pm

i wonder how an all dancer group would do...

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:08 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:21 am

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”