Character/Party Build Ideas?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Myssdii » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:00 pm

The first boss went down with my 3-members teams at level 18 (without farming too much, you gain levels faster with fewer members), so I think I'll continue like this for now, it's pretty interesting and actually enjoyable not playing with a full team :)

I'm just scared of the second stratum, with those damn hollows that dodge everything... I'll see soon enough if they can handle it.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:37 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:01 am

I'd love to make a and powerlevel a fortress for you... except my computer doesnt have and SD slot so... i cant create a QR code for you :c

i also need to hurry up and get the classes unlocked so i can completely restart in a NG+ xD

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:02 am

edit: alright THIS TIME HE KNOWS HOW TO BLOCK!

Last edited by isometric on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:12 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:56 am

So you're fine with just the 3/10 then? Let me know if you need anything else leveled/geared out.

Actually, I guess we have a QR thread for that. Let me know how the fight goes if nothing else!

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:10 am

Okay, second run cleared. I want to do 1 more run before tackling the postgame, this time actually trying to make a linking party work!

First run was:
N/A D/N N/B
F/S A/M
built around sticking an ailment and getting the most out of Trick Samba and Swift Edge.

Second was (spoilers!):

I also tried a pair of S/Bs from ~15 to ~40ish while unlocking stuff on the second run, but I hated them.

All that in mind, how's this for a link party?
L/R N/A R/B
F/S A/M

I'm a bit tired of running arcanist mains (not a huge fan of the stick portaits outside of and miku), but I think they contribute too much through debuffs and binds to give up. Anything worth replacing? Specifically, would a Dancer do better than either the N or the R?

With the N/A, I get sick crowd killing past 40. With the RM, I get big buffs on the L's elemental damage. The D would give me stunlocking and attack tango though.

Also, is it worth dropping my F/S for an actual Sniper? I had bad experiences with them, but Squall should be amazing for linking.

Iunno, what do y'all think? It's going to be my last run of the main game I think, so I want it to be a good one.

edit: Cinematic wasn't the best word. Also, fixed a mild spoiler.
Last edited by isometric on Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 am

"Cinematic" was probably too generous a term... What do you call it when the little portaits pop up and chat with eachother?
5th stratum spoilers:

It's really minor, but I wanted to see it anyways.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:33 am

Yknow, Iso.... youve given me the idea to start my NG+ with the and just filling in the last slots with... something. lol

*actual question im sure is spoilery so yeh realtalk spoiler warning*

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02 am

yay! more spoilery question time!

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:29 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm still not entirely sure what im going to do, but i'll at least take your gear thing to heart. i just didnt want to have higher lvled locked off equipment at the start of the game so it wasnt roflstomp easy. but i guess its more fun to get it done with/being able to actually USE skills...
onto my build ideas:

im still open to ideas/opinions/corrections since i havent decided yet

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:52 am

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”