Character/Party Build Ideas?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
Justanothernerd
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Justanothernerd » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:16 am

So, I'm looking around at the skill sim and trying to come up with different party/subclass combos. I'm kind of curious as to what everyone else has come up with so far.

My main party at the beginning is probably going to be
Swordsman (sub RuneMaster) // Mostly for Elemental Links, and the Runemaster's non-Rune specific passives make the links a little more potent.
Fortress (sub Medic) // I like the Protectors, and the Fortress has all the best abilities to cover for the rest of the team. Medic sub is for the auto-heals and for backup revives in case my main Medic goes down or is busy healing the rest of the party.
Dancer (sub Nightseeker) // Front Line Buffs and huge Evasion, plus Multi-hit and Stun combined with the Swordsman's Links. Nightseeker increases Evade and Cloak is cool, plus if Shadow Blade triggers with Sword Dance she'll be triggering links left and right. May also use the throws for status support, because why not.
Medic (sub Dancer) // Dancer's Evasion and speed boosts help the Medic do his job. Can use Waltz's to keep himself alive while healing the rest of the party.
Sniper (sub Nightseeker) // Useful binds to keep spellcasting enemies down, plus the crazy Critical Hit boosts he gets. Shadow skills gives him another chance to bind and/or another chance to crit. Squall Shot will be my main method of activating the Swordsman's Links. If I don't give my Dancer the Seeker's status abilities, my Sniper will probably end up having them.

I've also looked at the Imperial/Runemaster combo and may end up having that as an alternative to my Swordsman/Runemaster once I actually unlock it.

What are you all planning on using?
Grey medic is best medic.

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Skele Von Mann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:48 am

all medics

form the guild knights hospitaller

But really probably something rather "generic", although I would like to try and use every class first.
When you're alone, always remember:

Justanothernerd
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Justanothernerd » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 am

What do you mean by generic?
I know a bunch of the generic builds from EO3, and I heard the Imperial/Runemaster build is OP but I don't know what a generic build for EO4 is, really.

Also, I just realized that if I swapped my Dancer for a Nightseeker I could have the party on the cover of the game... Maybe I'm the one using a generic party :oops:

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 am

Just a simple party, swordsman/warrior, fortress/tank, medic/healer, etc. A group that feels like a standard party in any RPG. Not bad or anything, but I like parties that aren't like that, if that makes sense.
When you're alone, always remember:

Guzenshi
Ragelope

Postby Guzenshi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:32 am

For mine I'm going with a fairly basic party set up, been my builds since EO I.
My Fortress is my main focus.

Iv got them all planned out with skills and all but ill leave that part out.

(Class/Sub)
Front Row
Fortress/Arcanist
Swordsman/Assassin

Back Row
Sniper/Assassin
Medic/Arcanist
RuneMaster/Dancer
Guild - RainFar
Skyship - Vanguard

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:06 am

I'm not very good at judging skills from the skill sim, but landsknecht, medic, sniper, and runemaster are looking to be valuable members of my party.

I had to look up landsknecht because I was 99% sure I didn't know the spelling. Turns out I'm spelling it right.

Starsoulklr
Ragelope

Postby Starsoulklr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 am

I'm just going to have the general idea of what I want to do and decide the subclasses later I don't want to have every single detail planned out my first go:

Front Row
Nightseeker Fredrick (Male portrait 2 alternate)
Fortress Rosary (Female portrait 1 alternate)

Back Row
Medic K (Male portrait 1)
Sniper Maruya (Female portrait 1)
Runemaster Nyx (Female portrait 1)

That's for the first trip at the labyrinth: I'll also have:

Landsknecht Sam (Female portrait 2 alternate)
Dancer Pierre (Male Portrait 1)

Yeah I think that'll be my starting guild and I"m sticking to it.

Xtatica
Ragelope

Postby Xtatica » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 pm

My party is:

Nightseek, Dancer,
Medic,sniper,RuneM

I would like to put my Medic in front. Is the battle medic somewhat viable?

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:24 pm

I have Dancer / Protector and that's it. After completing the mines on normal, I wanted to see how much casual mode held your hand. Made it through everything with a sub-par healer and a low-damage tank.

I think the dancer will be a great class later on, but for the healing can't support the whole party

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Sniper+arcanist
fortress+dancer
swordsman+runemaster
dancer+medic
runemaster+???
I have no idea maybe bushi once I unlock it

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 pm

So, started playing the demo today. Since it doesn't let me go beyond level 10, I just started making a bunch of characters, basically trying out different builds. The Swordsman's links aren't quite as good as I'd hoped right out of the box, but all of the other classes in my party are much better than expected.
Also, the Nightseekers and Snipers are awesome for FOE fights.

Just thought I'd share that bit of fun

Nephologist
Ragelope

Postby Nephologist » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm wondering how the Dancer does as a front line fighter?

Steam: Nephologist

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:10 am

They have chase skills like a buccaneer, so I'd assume they can be decent

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:29 am

^ Dancers are cool. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:04 am

I have a Dancer and a Nightseeker as my front line, but I'd prefer to have three characters in front to spread the damage. I'm thinking of moving my Medic to the front. Are Battle Medics a viable build in this EO?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”