Character/Party Build Ideas?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

445 posts
Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Character/Party Build Ideas?

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 pm

your group should be bulky enough early game. the WORST case scenario is your N's take too much heat and you rely on their evade skill and rest later. your F should keep your M up fine. throws are ranged attacks so they shouldnt effect damage from the back line... i dont see any immediate issues, honestly

EDIT: the BIGGEST issue i see early on is damage... i MIGHT consider an N in the front row to take advantage of the other's throws... though its riskier for Ns in front... your call

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby isometric » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:45 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:59 am

Hey y'all. I'm halfway through NG+ with a party full of the unlockables to get a feel for them, but I'm already missing my Nightseeker party quite a bit. How well do you think they'll fare in the 6th stratum though? I'd try it myself, but I still have a couple days of clearing 4th/5th stratum to go in this new run and I'm quite curious.

The "main" party was:
N/B for Swift Edge with Surge (and Charge on round 2 if no ailments yet),
N/A for ailments and foul-mastery-fueled Swift Edge,
A/M for healing/binding/debuffs,
D/N for Trick, Attack and dual wielding Mist Dance+Sword Dance,
F/S for tanking and eagle eye.

Based on all my previous battles, I'm already fairly confident (cocky?) that I can deal with the bosses. It's the random battles that worry me. Will there be anything I can't bash my head against with this setup? I'm heavily lacking in elemental damage, but Auto Spread Venom Throws from the N/A seems to be an easy way of ignoring that penalty in random battles.
Side note: I hated the 4th stratum with a FIERY PASSION due to having no easy way of killing those mecha outside of spamming attacks they're innately resistant to, since poison doesn't stick on them.

So yeah. Any other poison-resistant enemies I'll need to respec/rebuild for? Is poison's damage just not going to cut it? I can also do a sleep throw into N/B's shockwave if not. My B-Team party's got both a Runemaster and a Landskencht in it somewhere, so they'll be conveniently leveled up by the time team B hits the postgame should I need to switch.

Oh, and also: is there anything I can do to improve the nightseeker-focus of the party? Different subclassing or support chars maybe? The only thing I absolutely WANT is a minimum of 2 nightseeker mains in the party, everything else is open to suggestion.

Cheers.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:02 am

Having just done that playthrough with 2 nightseekers and a binding Arcanist a few days ago, I can confidentially say that it doesn't! It'd be flipping sweet if it did though, since my binds seemed to land much more than my throws. On the flip side of the binds/ailments definition, Binds DO return TP for ailment mastery for whatever reason, despite not being ailments.

Anyways,
nothing in the post-game is going to eat me for not spewing fireballs? Good to know! I reallly dislike the Runemaster portaits, so I wasn't relishing having to throw one in. Freakin' hipster hats.

Thanks!

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:12 pm

Paralysis did work very well, but doesn't to much to kill them. Even with links and enhanced Nightseeker damage, they were annoying.

| |

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:18 pm

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:39 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:17 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:43 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:36 pm

N/I are awesome beasts. Just restarted my game recently, and going to build one <3

It will change from my link team.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:11 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:42 pm

When I restarted, I quickly remembered that how awful the beginning is without subclassing and unlockable classes (I miss Arcanist so much...). Landknecht use too much tp, every class feels just so weak...

After hesitating between a lot of team compo, while trying to do anything but my old compo, I finally just stopped trying and went for a 3-members compo with Dancer, Nightseeker and Fortress. Surprisingly, it works better than all my 5-members test-teams XD
Just leveling up for the Bloodbear now, since I need good damages on it to cancel his charged attack. I'll probably fit an Arcanist in when I unlock them, or not since I feel pretty confident trying the game with 3 members.

If you feel you have a character that is useless, stick a Dancer in his place : even with two Dancers, they can do pretty different things and not feeling too redundant. You'll always be able to switch it later when unlocking new classes.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:43 pm

445 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”