Demo is up!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Demo is up!

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:21 am

Yeah changed my party a bit. I use the Lands' Bandage skill for my outside of battle healing. ... Though I could stop being a cheapskate and load up on a a couple of Medicas.... nah.

Justanothernerd
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Justanothernerd » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 am

Since everyone's doing it...

I'm rather proud of how much I've done in the demo. In a weird, "What am I doing with my life" sort of way :roll:
Grey medic is best medic.

ProfAllister
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ProfAllister » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:44 am

Party is my team of 'roo hunters. And it appears that I've been pretty efficient with my days. I guess that comes from getting a single hour of sleep every other day. No way that will come back to bite me. Twitching is normal, right?

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:30 am

Allister, after seeing your card I feel like I have to step it up. I'm trying to get as much EN as I can possibly get before the full game comes out, but real life keeps getting in the way.

Sildric Stormwind
Ragelope

Postby Sildric Stormwind » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:36 pm

This demo is poison, here I was thinking that I wouldn't have to worry about Etrian Odyssey til after exam week, but nope. This is the best Etrian Odyssey game I've played yet, the airship is about 1000 times better than the ship from number 3, the maps look cleaner (if that makes any sense), multiple smaller dungeons to explore seems awesome and the graphics are super crisp. Not to mention the new skill tree, FINALLY. I fear all of my free time is going to be devoured by this game...

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:39 pm

I don't really care about the number of days on my card (I'm already past 150), as I've been grinding Power/Vigor books off of Red Pooka/Pooka. I have about 8 Power books and 6 Vigor books so far.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:56 pm

How do you catch the red Pookas? I can only get a white one if it and one of the other airships appear just right.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:01 pm

From what I can tell, certain Pookas have certain paths they'll follow. Red Pookas will spawn in either B2 or C3-ish, and head west and east respectively. If they spawn in B2, start from the first Labyrinth and cut them off at the pass in A1/B1. I haven't been able to get the one spawning in C3, but I'd imagine you can just bait it with food. They've always spawned alongside other Pookas I could catch more easily so I haven't bothered with them.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:15 pm

I've memorized their paths and can easily catch them using a launched piece of meat within 2-3 spaces of them.

If they spawn in the northern part of the map, I warp to the dungeon and exit to the overworld.

Krimmydoodle
Ragelope

Postby Krimmydoodle » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:57 pm

A couple questions of my own about the Pookas:

First, has anyone noticed any correlation between Pooka spawns and clearing the overworld of Bounding Beasts? I killed a white and a red early on, and then had such terrible luck (zero spawns over an in-game year) that I was convinced they didn't respawn. Then I randomly decided to kill all four Bounding Beasts after I'd trained up a party efficient enough to kill a shiny, and suddenly I got Pookas spawning again. (Though I'll specify that I'm only checking for a spawn when I sleep at the inn, and don't know if you get any better results actually sitting on the overworld patrolling 24/7.)

The other question is, if a Pooka spawns above you in the second layer, is there anything you can do to convince it to come down, or are you just doomed to watch it disappear and take its precious book with it?

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:08 pm

As best I can tell, Pooka spawns and Bounding Beasts are independent events. I did feel like beating FOEs tended to make more Pookas appear, but as time went on it seemed more and more unlikely that this was the case, since the Pookas were spawning erratically while I was consistently defeating FOEs.

I haven't tried luring a Pooka from the 2nd elevation though.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:21 pm

The spawn rate of pookas feels rather random, as I've had two on the screen at once multiple times while all of the Bounding Beasts were still alive, and I've had Pookas spawn almost every 5-10 days with 1-3 Bounding Beasts still running around. I've recently had a Pooka spawn after I had already stripped the overworld of possible food points, going into the tutorial cave, and going back to the overworld after defeating a rare breed Roaming Baboon. Shit makes no sense.

I've attempted to lure Pookas that had risen to a higher elevation, to no avail :V

Also, I've got 10 Power books now =D

Ashes
Ragelope

Postby Ashes » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:14 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:39 pm

How are you guys getting that silver medal? I've killed a rare breed version of every enemy in the demo except the Pookas :V

48 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”