For those with the Japan version of this

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Faust
Ragelope

For those with the Japan version of this

Postby Faust » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm

The included items, the art book and the cd, from what I hear they are some alternate takes on some tracks and some art from somebody on deviantart, what specifically are they?

Due to living in England and having imported an American 3DS, I'm faced with a choice.

Does ordering the game from Playasia, thus securing me the artbook and CD, as well as a hard copy of the game justify me paying a fair bit more money and having to wait an extra few days?

Also downloaded the demo today. It is wonderful. Just thought I'd say. xD

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: For those with the Japan version of this

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:48 pm

As I suspected, the artbook/CD is just a translated version of the outtake CD/booklet included in the Japanese preorder, with some artwork provided by additional commissioned artists.

Like the previous three games, the tracks in the outtake CD are mostly unused and/or early versions of tracks found in the game.

If you really feel like spending some extra money just to get it a few days earlier, go for it. If you're getting it on play-asia for your collection, even better.

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Well actually I'd be spending extra money to get it a bit later, sorry if I was unclear. D: Just wondering if it's worth it to do that, there is a lot to be said for owning a hard copy of the game though... S'a tough choice. xD The CD sounds cool..

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:34 pm

From what I understand, the additional artwork, liner notes, etc. are what make the NA version of the CD/Booklet relatively larger than the Japanese preorder one. The booklet also included some extra commentary by some staff members (including Yuzo Koshiro!), so I at least want to see some more of that. So if having such a CD/booklet with exclusive artwork and such sounds like a nice perk, go for it ;)

Faust
Ragelope

Postby Faust » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Gonna have to make my mind up about this eventually... xD

I'll base it on whenever my copy of EO3 gets here from Playasia, been over 2 weeks now. :I If it's not here in another week or so I'll contact them about that and cancel my preorder of EO4 as well.

Thanks though you've been a great help, and very informative too, sorry I didn't get back to responding here sooner!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”