Damage-Dealers Comparison Thread.

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Damage-Dealers Comparison Thread.

Postby isometric » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:26 am

Alt title: "tl;dr Nightseeker STRONG"

Sup?
Oh? Glad to hear it.

Now then, let's start this comparison thread! I'm actually not super sure how to make a fair comparison, so I propose this for now: main class only, no assumptions on subclassing/enemy weaknesses/party buffs. Due to this, there are some cases when the rotations used are lower PARTY damage but higher CHARACTER damage.

I'm also going to be skipping the casters for now. Just assume Runemasters are good damage.

I'll do maybe a 2-round rotation (what your postgame lvl 99 parties will be doing), 5-round rotation (what I found to be about average for FOEs/easy bosses in a regular run) and 10-round rotation (what the last boss and dragons were for me on my first run, give or take a couple rounds) as benchmarks.

Let's assume that a Linker has enough attacks being spammed by the party to trigger all the links. Also, let's just assume that the first bind/ailment sticks on round 1 (since you can always just reset the 3ds if it doesn't) and lasts 3 rounds after (because Black Mist is a thing).

How does ~2 rounds sound for different binds/ailments? Assume you can't stick the same one twice. Are those fair assumptions?

Also, if y'all have better ideas for comparing, I'd be glad to hear them!

Without further ado:

Landsknecht
Nightseeker
Fortress:
skipping. 380%-410% depending on Vengeance Bash usage.

Sniper (partially complete.)
Medic:
skipping. Heavy Strike can do 260% dpr, while Star Drop is +40% for the party.

Runemaster:
Can't compare percentages due to nature of spell formulas. Maybe I'll come back and flesh out later. Assume quite decent damage though, somewhere just below the L's and I's.

Dancer
Arcanist:
Can't compare percentages due to nature of spell formulas. Maybe I'll come back and flesh out later. You can spam poison circle+dismiss blast for some damage.

Bushi: (I can't figure this one out properly. Details in spoiler...)

Alright, that's all I've got so far! Feel free to double-check my numbers and provide something for Bushis especially.

Top 3 Direct Damage (discounting party buffs), by round duration:

2-Round damage
~technically Bushi, but I'm not confident enough with the numbers right now!~
1) Nightseeker @ 2588.66% + 1400 poison
2) @ 2450.898% (requires Power Gloves)
3) Sniper @ 1764.189%

5-Round damage
1) Nightseeker @ 8501.93 + 2800 poison
2) Landsknecht @7326.4212% (+30% damage for the party!)
3) @ 6618.4389%

10-Round damage
1) Nightseeker @ 17912.296% +2800 poison
2) @ 15022.3239%
3) Landsknecht @ 14652.8424% (+30% party damage!)

Stuff to maybe do later:
- Actually find good base damage of those classes, so the percentages mean something. Maybe auto-attack a dragon on 99/99 retired characters wielding ygg weapons? iunno.
- Figure out how to compare Bushi damage, given how vitrolic it's tp/hp management meta is
- Subclassing discussion maybe? We already sort-of have a thread for that though.
- Calculating how much damage the party has to do in order for Dancers/Snipers/Medics to be worthwhile for their buffs over taking another damage-dealer?
- - On that vein, calculating how much damage the party has to do for L's enlightenment to out-damage N? Landsknechts are huge damage!

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Re: Damage-Dealers Comparison Thread.

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:38 am

Okay, here's a general question:
How come that it's always that whenever people are giving out advice on party builds they usually just focus on effing damage output?
ALWAYS
wherever I look, not just with EO, it's always 'oh lol you got to have this class with this built. total max damage bro'
EO4 is one of the few games that has wonderful balance, allowing for every balanced party to get through the game without getting to the point of ragequitting, so why the heck don't people make use of that and actually play with a well-balanced party of their own liking?!

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:57 am

You're a bit off topic being that this thread's meant for comparing damage dealers rather than arguing semantics about party composition, but I'll bite.

Speaking just for myself, it's just an issue of efficiency. I like doing things in the quickest way possible, so between turtling on a boss for 20 rounds (and killing it safely), or playing riskier but ending it in 4, I'd take the second option. To put it another way: if you could drive down a somewhat bumpy road and get home in 20 minutes, or take a smooth, scenic route and get home in like an hour, which would you prefer? Some people (like yourself, maybe) enjoy the smooth, scenic pace and don't mind the wasted time. Other people (like myself) just really want to drive home as efficiently as possible, and pride themselves on coming up with even more efficient routes.

Something like that.

I can discuss it more if you want to pm me, but let's try and just focus on class comparisons here.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:20 am

I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:50 am

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”