EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:17 pm

Well, about half the attacks still hit her, since there's only a 47% dodge bonus with Fan Dance. However, most normal damage is cleaned up by the 65 net HP you heal from Ferocity every turn you attack, and any time sword dance goes off you'll get a bunch more back. Also, with all the luck bonuses I have on her, she gets a good stun rate.

Considering switching her over to Clubs at some point, for better aesthetics.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Slickyrider
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Slickyrider » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Hmm, alright then. Of course, with such an unreliable evasion rate, she'll need an entire party to support her, so it's not like she can solo post-game bosses or anything.

Still, quite impressive.

EDIT: So, my entire party is at least 95: one member at 99, two at 97, and two at 95. I should be able to defeat the , if not the as well.

Other than that, I'm completing the rest of the quests. I'm about halfway through the chain, and I'll be sure to clean up whatever I neglected during the main game afterwards.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:44 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:05 am

Because they have speed and damage and my Lands uses Bushi skills and the Lands innate abilities+initiative?

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:36 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:51 pm

^ It's scy!
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:57 pm

It's a long story.

Well, no, probably not really.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 pm

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:11 pm

No, it's:

BaseChance + StatAdjustment + SkillAdjustment + AccuracyAdjustment - EvasionAdjustment.

Edit: To clarify, this would also mean that the "47%" number is most likely not correct either. If I had to guess, it's closer to a flat +30-ish there but limited data sets + testing RNG is awkward.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Bluh. That's annoyingly complicated.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:28 pm

^ Meaning that the other numbers are needed to determine the effect.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Basically. The data we have right now is pointing around 36 more dodges from 0/10 Fan Dance to 10/10 Fan Dance. If we look at it in terms of a percentage increase, it went from ~24 to ~60 which is a 150% increase, hence my above comment about thinking of it as a percentage increase to be a little flawed.

Let's take a case we know. Senpuku from EO3 was +10 (Rank 1) to +35 (Rank 10). Let's take a high level target vs a low level one with a basic Enemy attack:

BaseChance + StatAdjustment + SkillAdjustment + AccuracyAdjustment - EvasionAdjustment

99 + (-30) + 0 + 0 - 10~35 => 59~34% chance for the low level enemy to hit a target with 1 Senpuku to 10 Senpuku.

Edit: Or let's think about the opposite case, of a low level target with a high level attacker. Basically, giving the attacker the Accuracy advantage:

99 + (+30) + 0 + 0 - 10~35 => 119~94% chance for the high level enemy to hit a target with 1 Senpuku to 10 Senpuku.

So, applying the same logic to EO4, it looks like going from no Fan Dance (~25% chance to Dodge) to 10/10 Fan Dance (~60%) so, if I had to guess, 10/10 Fan Dance is +35. So I guess it might just be the same case as EO3's Senpuku (+10 ~ +35) but that makes for an awkward curve that doesn't fit how EO4 does skills. So eh, I dunno.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 pm

Weird.

On another note, I'm unsure of what to think since I realized Medics have Str within a point or so of Fortresses. Are Forts bad attackers, or medics decent ones? And why do the medic bash skills have larger damage modifiers for comparatively lower TP costs?

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:37 am

^ Medics are skullcrackers. Always were.
Those skills are slow, though.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:55 am

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”