EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby Doktor_Q » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:55 pm

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:56 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:19 am

^ 'ggdroid. :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:59 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:04 pm

^ From all the discussion I've read so far, I've gotten the impression that Charge Edge is unpopular, but I don't know why.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:29 pm

If you're going to make it to Turn 5*, your best damage output comes from that rotation into Ignition. If your goal is Turn 4*, you'd rather Heat Sink -> Sharp Edge.

Basically, you have these:

Turn 4:
Elemental Drive -> Heat Sink -> Sharp Edge -> Elemental Drive
Total Damage: 1730% Damage (780% -> 0% -> 170% -> 780%), 64 TP (20 -> 14 -> 10 -> 20)

Turn 5:
Elemental Drive -> Sharp Edge -> Cool Edge -> Charge Edge -> Elemental Drive
Total Damage: 3678% (780% -> 170% -> 350% -> 350% -> 2028%), 82 TP (20 -> 10 -> 14 -> 18 -> 20).

*Add 1 if you're Charging due to Bushi sub or Power Gloves on the first turn.

The big problem with Charge Edge is that many fights don't even make it to that second Elemental Drive, much less an extra turn to get the ChE -> ED off.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:35 pm

^ Makes sense.

Edit: How strong is the glove-Charge? Less or more than 200 %?

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Less. It's 180%. Which makes it a waste for most people (since you'd do more damage just using the ability twice) but Imperial's want to front-end their damage so it makes a bit more sense that way.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Anyway, Bushi's blood surge is not safe. It can and will kill you if you're low on HP, BUT it doesn't check for death until it finishes the calculations for a single attack, meaning that Ferocity does heal you before you'd die. The only problem is that if your Blood Surge is doing more damage than Ferocity heals in a single hit, it gets to check "is he still alive" when you are, in fact, not.

Also, it's actually possible for moves to trigger between the hits of a Nightseeker's Blade Flurry, a la any form of instant counter attack, but not between hits of the Dancer's Sword Dance- the different between two attacks and one attack that hits multiple times, I think?

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:39 am

^ Good to know. What's the magnitude of Ferocity at max?

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:53 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Think Lv 4 Ice Slash is more efficient than Freeze Drive? Can't benefit as easily from Charge/Edge, but it can be used every turn.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Trying to build a medic is becoming a horrifying clusterfuck. Why can't we have Princess's passive healing this time, too? Sigh.

I've been trying to build each character around one skill, or specific set of very similar skills, and a big chain of related and beneficial passives. The Night/Arcanist with every throw and basic DPS, the Lands/Night with duel-bladed speed and an emergency use Vanguard, a Fort/Rune with survivability, shields, and a ton of TP...

And then I hit medic, and suddenly "oh hey, single heal, line heals, a bushel of status cures, after-battles heals, revivals, automatic revivals, some full healings, maaaaaybe a full party heal, and oh can't forget a subclass" and then everything falls apart and they have two pages of skills and I'm never happy with the setup!

So in light of that, does anyone know a good way to make a medic, or some other healing, both genuinely useful and also not need one skill for every possible situation?

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:46 pm

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”