EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 am

It's the combination of both, I think. one can activate two attacks, the other can activate double sworddance on both if I saw it correctly.

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:17 pm

err.. ill look into it once i can actually look at the abilities again

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:17 am

Follow Trace only works with attack skills. Sword Dance is a passive skill so Follow Trace does not work with it.

Rather, Blade Flurry works with Sword Dance. A lucky Dancer with two weapons equipped can get up to a maximum of 10 attacks with Sword Dance.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:07 am

Then my game glitched. Vei (my dancer) from time to time does more than 10 attacks, which is creepy.

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Debating switching out my Fortress for another Arcanist, since I can just circ boon the shit out of my party for passive heals and a lot of damage later on in postgame is elemental but I don't know if that's a fool's errand, either.

(Current party is FD IR ML RI AM(possibly gonna change to AN)

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Aracanists dont stack well together.

only 1 circle can be active, and only the CASTER gives circle boon.
the only point to having 2 arcanists is to cast and use the dismissals in a turn.
which is a waste of a slot. youre burning a slot for a weaker /M slot for emergency heals or /R to boost the dismiss blasts damage

... plus blowing up a circle every turn would ruin your circle boon heal strategy

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Whoop, missed the whole circle boon being from the caster thing. At least it gives me more of a chance to play with other classes! (Like the N/I i've been building)

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:53 pm

what are you using your A for?
A/M is the "best" healer in the game through circle boon, and direct healing through M. and that passive heal comes with the bonus of binding, or doing massive poison damage. and dismiss heal is probably your best heal.

or are you going for damage? A/R boosts the untyped damage for your 2 dismiss blasts and again, poison circle works wonders when it goes through

both work, and both give circle boon

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:35 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:06 am

yknow.... its really odd coming back to EO4 now. with my new experiences and knowledge from EOU/ EO3
just... going back to my first experience and looking back at mh old file. and messing with crap. and oh boy... what a doozy...

its just odd seeing my characters stripped of end game stuff because i didnt bother with things like conditionals.... or have a certain class doing some 7k damage at lvl 34 with charge gloves... you know what it is...

im thinking about just NG+ ing just to keep the end gamey gear but delete the ol' guild (starting with any class so i dont have to re-unlock them). i.... dont really have the memories or anything of my old group... and seeing my old mistakes... oi... plus i know the story... just wanna just blitz back through and start on the post stuff.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:06 am

On a different note, I am still not over the fact that one of the Nightseekers looks like effing Benedict Cumberbatch.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:05 am

Alright, here's a rant for y'all:

Y'all know that horrible feeling when you replay something you found SO easy before, and it's suddenly the toughest shit in the world?

First time I took out the 2nd stratum boss, we were a couple levels below the guest member. I guess "underleveled." I must have had DIVINE levels of good luck though, because I cleared it on my third try, after going in BLIND the first time (attacks miss, miss, miss, sudden AOE DEATH!) and having a bit of bad luck with binds on the second. So anyways, just waltzed in, got the head bind off, got some ailments up, bound legs and cleared it.

Well, I'm sure it was a BIT longer than that, but that was the general feel. Something about black mist too, I reckon.

Second run was even easier since I was trying the new classes out, using the guest members to do so (one of which has a 5th-stratum weapon as their LOWEST level weapon that still lets them use their class skills).

Third run, I was feeling pretty good. I retired some 40something characters down, then rested them to level 5. Decided not to use any gear from the previous playthrough, so we were farming up items as we went. Cleared 1st stratum at level 12, got to the 2nd stratum boss again at level 23. No problem killing FOEs in the dungeon or finishing quests for the zone.

Then the fight breaks out, and I get my butt handed to me. This one move is literally 1shotting at least 2 of my characters every time it goes off! Was I that squishy last time?! If I keep Party Shield cycling, the Fortress runs dry/runs the risk of dying just the same.

Whatever, no big deal. We were a bit under-leveled, I figured. Killed some sheep, went back at level 29. SAME thing happened! The window of opportunity linkers need to get all their buffs and debuffs stacked for a good 1 or 2 rounds leaves absolutely NO ROOM for missing a leg bind or getting killed by the boss before the link round.

I swear, I've never felt so unprepared and unequipped for a fight before. I must've tried half a dozen times before just admitting defeat and taking the easy way out. I called in the "veteran" team from my first playthrough to come squish her effortlessly, and took it from there.

Is that boss always a nightmare for link teams? Am I playing my link team wrong? Or did I just get SURPREMELY lucky on my first run to not consider it such a DIFFICULT boss til my most recent playthrough?

I'm still not 100% loving the links, honestly.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:10 am

Are you talking about the Hollow Queen or the Boiling Lizard? I got a bit confused.
But, link teams (assuming you are refering to the Landsknecht's link skills) are usually pretty good against the Lizard (at a higher level, though)

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:53 am

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:42 am

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”