EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:28 am

Maybe I really should just keep my R/A... Snipers really sound like shit more and more I read this conversation. Between chasing and buffing, I think I could get the same elemental damage by just having another ELEMENTAL user. Besides I'm not going to have my Landsknecht so what is there to CHASE for a Sniper?

Seriously, this was the problem that I had. Snipers were so fragile that by the time that I buffed her to make her halfway decent she was killed... all the buffs gone and I'm back to rebuffing. TP was gone and then so were my Nectars and my Medic's TP because she was so busy saving my Sniper. ... It's all coming back to me.

[] - [] - [] - []

Sampson
Literary Voyeur
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sampson » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:31 am

Playing through again I'm starting to realize that part of the reason the game was so easy to me the first time through was because Landsknechts are kinda overpowered. Like, with their class skill and one point in Sonic Raid, they can vastly increase the party damage output, and they're basically the only front-row class you get in the beginning of the game that can consistently deal a lot of damage. Nightseekers can come close, but they still fall short and can't take a hit. Not to mention the Link combos (which I used in my first playthrough and definitely was part of the reason I didn't experience much difficulty)...

So yeah! The game puts up way more of a challenge now that I'm playing without a Landsknecht in my party.

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:12 pm

I've always disliked the Landsknechts / Gladiators. I just find them kinda... bland. Which means I kinda missed out on Links, and ive heard those are hilariously good, but w/e.

Will M/A make sense. Like, how many down turns will they get to actually throw down circles in the later part of the game, i.e. turns they dont have to heal.
If you die in the Labyrinth do you die in real life?
[]

Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myssdii » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:09 pm

M/A are good for healing and taking benefit of the Medic mace skills, A/M bring more support and their aoe healing is slightly better in my opinion.

Depends on your need apart from healing :)
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:30 pm

I'm honestly unsure. If I switch out my S i need A for binding stuff, if I switch out my N (currently main damage dealer) then I need some new way to apply blind (because it saves lives)
[]

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:51 am

In late game, status (confusion and paralysis) are way better than binds (I had to switch too from binds to status to down post game bosses), because they prevent them from using abilities and you have 100% hit-rate against confused/paralysed enemies.

Against some bosses, you'll have to fully bind them to prevent them from damaging you, and bind don't last very long on bosses from experience. Bind also don't boost your Nightseeker damages. Status are more effective, and thanks to the Arcanist skill that reset resistances, you can pretty much keep a boss from moving all fight.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:04 am

Myssdii nailed it, confuse and paralyze are much better ways to lock down a boss, plus it will also boost your Nightseeker's damage output considerably. Blind is also effective as it give enemy attacks a chance to miss, plus you also have a 100% hit rate against blind enemies as well (If you're using Squall Volley or anything).

You don't need to fully bind a boss. Just bind the parts which have the most dangerous attacks, though most bosses tend to be biased towards one limb anyway. Though for Squall Volley, only binding legs will ensure it has 100% accuracy. At any rate:
Berserker King - Arms
Hollow Queen - Head, though Dimension Cut is dangerous enough so you'll probably want her Arms locked down as well
- Arms
Boiling Lizard - Head... though all his attacks are fire-based. So fire resistance makes this fight trivial anyway.
- Arms
Cradle Guardian - Arms
Cursed Prince - Arms. However bind his legs as well or he'll retaliate by binding your party.
Heavenbringer - Head for the... head. Arms for the... arms.
Baboon King - Arms
Chameleon King - Head
Hraesvelgr - Not sure.
Sand Leviathan - Head
Great Dragon - Arms. Binding his head will stop his breath move and his confuse move.
Storm Emperor - Head
Blizzard King - Head
Fallen One - ... Everything. But he has low resistance to binds so it doesn't matter. Bind his head every 5th turn. Bind his arms or legs to prevent him from doing too much damage.
Iwaoropenelep - Head and Arms. His moves are split even between them unfortunately.
Insatiable Pupa - Legs... but you shouldn't need to bind this thing anyway.
Warped Savior - Head for the... head. Arms for the upper left and right tentacles. Legs for the lower left and right ones.

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:04 am

I wanna poke my head in here and mention that you wanna Leg Bind Hollow Queen, because if you don't, her dodge rating is through the roof (As are all the Hollows')
[]

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:48 am

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:25 am

Finally beat . I do not know why I had so much trouble. I kept letting him do Shockwave (and that oneshotted my entire party sans F, who'd live by a thread)
[]

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:35 am

I love the atmosphere of the third stratum so much. Very cool.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:03 am

Why is it, that in any EO I play, the healer is always the first to die in any FOE or boss fight?

My Arcanist/Medic has died so many times this run (And the only one for that matter), and I have a bad habit of never carrying any Nectar.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:43 pm

That rule has been going for my dancer in my new run. and i'm fighting the scorpions in the first stratum and they never seem to be affected by my taunt. and they one shot me runemaster.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:29 pm

The death that caused me to rant was the Cold Watchman's Spiked Ball move btw. Chain Circle didn't work but Sand Throw did. Despite the blind, he hit my Arcanist with it (And only her), killing her instantly... at full HP even. Stuff hits a lot harder without a Fortress. Dealing with Hollow Queen's Dimension Cut was a lot of fun. Without a Fortress mitigating it, that move was capable of one-shotting my entire front row, good stuff.

As for those scorpions, they're just ridiculous. They have really high accuracy even when blinded. Dealing with them seems like a kill or be killed affair most of the time. That said, they actually didn't give me that much trouble while I was in the 1st strata for some reason. I didn't encounter too many of them though.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:43 pm

see, i went out of my way to go to valley spring early, so i was encountering them at like level 7. i'm level 12 now and not getting one shoted by nerve stab.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”