EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:26 am

I was thinking that if things got hairy during a boss battle I would switch out my Dancer with that Sniper and then I would go on the defensive and then switch back.

I dunno. That S/F section is open for huge debate. I did not like my Sniper during my first game run but I dunno who else to put there and UGG. Maybe I should keep to my original idea. R/A and A/R in the back row.

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:13 am

What build do you have on that sniper? They either go become really good or really bad
If you die in the Labyrinth do you die in real life?
[]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:06 pm

It was from my first game so it no longer exists (I didn't do a new game+ I just did a reset ^_^ since otherwise that's just boring as hell to me).

I think I made it S/A. I know the subclass was something different at first but I had three MAJOR complaints with it. 1) Squishy as hell. Always the first to die. I spent many FOE battles struggling to keep her alive to the point that I started nicknaming her Hyatt (Excel Saga reference, look it up if you don't get it). 2) Damage output was marginal at best. 3) Consumed a huge amount of TP with very little TP reservoir. That's when I subclassed her as Arcanist to try SOMETHING to fix the TP situation.

Yeah, she just left a bad taste in my mouth to the point that I'm still amazed that I'm even thinking of putting her back in my team. And just typing this is recalling all the negative feelings and making me rethink this again.

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:11 pm

If you do Lockon, Bullseye, Spotter to max, and then max Squall Volley, they hit 14 times per squall volley for pretty crazy damage with each hit as well. Pretty much a glass cannon, but what a cannon.
[]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:13 pm

What's a recommended subclass?

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:16 pm

I dont know. Anything to fix their TP issues, I guess? I havent even unlocked subclasses yet ww
[]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:23 pm

oh, lol. You on your first play through?

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Ah, yes, I am.
[]

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:56 pm

^_^ Well, good luck in that case!

[] - [] - [] - []

Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myssdii » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Bushi or Arcanist are their best subclasses, you can either focus them on pure damage thanks to Bushi's passives, or boost their bindings procs with Arcanist's.

They pretty much don't want more active skills (because no class have anything that can be useful to them), but they eat passive enhancements with pleasure :D

Overall, they shine during the first two stratums thanks to their low-cost bindings and Squall Volley, then they slightly decline 'cause elemental damages are largely better starting third stratum. They're still very good in linker teams as a support damage-dealer, and work best with an Arcanist to proc paralysis/confusion and getting a 100%-hit on Squall Volley.

I ran a similar team in my first run, with no Runemaster and Fortress (yeah, I like it difficult ^^), I was pretty much dependant on my Arcanist procs, but it was fun :)
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Lock On at max level gives each hit 90% hit rate, meaning you hit with on average 12,6 hits per volley.
[]

Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myssdii » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Lock-on boosts Critical Hit rate, and not actual Hit rate ;)

You need that Arcanist when you go with Squall Volley.

EDIT : also a quick note on Bushi's sub : Defiance passive works with two bows (don't ask me why, it just works XD).

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Err.

Spotter.
[]

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:04 am

Spotter is a bad skill, nearly no character benefits from it, unless you have a team of Snipers. You lose a turn using it, meaning you still have to use Lock-on, Eagle Eye or any of the Bushi buffs, and spend two turns buffing while you could only use one turn.

It's better to use Arcanist Circle + Sniper Eagle Eye/Lock-on on T1, meaning you can use your Squall Volley on T2, or prepare a better T3 if you use a linker team by using Charge on T2 with Bushi sub + Arcanist debuff.

Current runs:

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:21 am

On the other hand it lasts five turns, so you still get three Squall Volleys where you can get (a whole lot of damage). In either case, I think my S is going to be switched out for a I/B (or B/I), once I... well, get them.
[]

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”