EOIV Rantage!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

1173 posts
Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOIV Rantage!!

Postby Zypose » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:02 am

I don't know where else to talk about this, but i like to imagine my guild doing things that aren't shown in the game, such as talking as we walk through labyrinths, doing things in town, eating, having relationships, Ect. Like, when we stay at the in till the next day, i like to imagine that we don't spend the whole time sleeping, and that they go out and do things in town until they go to sleep.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:28 am

^_^ I think that's one of the biggest draws to the game, Zypose, and trust me, you aren't the only one. One of the reasons why I felt this thread should be called "rantage" was because I wanted to induce an environment on the forums where people can post as if they are their guild talking - and quite a few posters in the past have always taken advantage of it. It's also why we have a Fan fiction forum.

In other news:

I restarted the game. I tried to play from where I had left off but I was getting my ass kicked and I couldn't remember half of what I was doing and intending to do and then I had another strategy in mind... ^_^ Round three!

My guild party:
Landsknecht, Defender, Nightseeker
Medic, Runemaster

It's my first time trying out the Defender class (yeah, I know, right! and it's my third time playing) and so far I think I'm loving her. Holy crap, she's saving my Nightseeker's ass a few times.

I'm thinking of trying to make a Link-Landy. I did it my first playthrough but I didn't like it and didn't do it my second playthrough. My problem was this: when I tried to do links, my Landsknecht always attacked LAST. I think it's my fault for not bothering with more buff skills like vanguard (I think that's the skill I"m thinking of that makes you faster) and probably I need to forgo strong swords in favor for swifter rapiers. Maybe that was my issue. Even now I'm noticing that the only people who attack after my Landy is my Medic and Runemaster - so my Landy is only going to chase my Medic? Hrrrm... I've gotta figure this out.

[] - [] - [] - []

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:30 am

Vanguard is a massive speed boost. Maxing it will usually have your Landsknect always go before anyone else, even rare breeds. This is with swords equipped too!

Linking actually isn't that great until you get Improved Link at level 20. That said though, Freezing Link synergies perfectly with Ice Rune, so its probably your best damage move until then.

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:44 am

My current guild Includes this set up (for at this point in the game)
Fortress/Landy/Dancer
Runemaster/Medic
Fortress Is Zypose (of course.) His personality is he tends to be rather cocky while being strangely respectful, but he goes into a kind of different personality in battle. He turns into a kinda… Glutton for punishment in battle, but it gets the job done, so everyone is fine with it. Holochrom (the landy) has no personality yet. Bowen (my real name) the dancer, is kind, while also being slightly a pushover in some situations,but in other situations, he is stuborn as heck, and is the main "people person" of the guild.
James the runemaster is based off my RL BF James, soooo. and Nellie the medic is based on my cousin, but she isen't quite as depresseve as the real cousin. and that's my guild at the current time.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:02 am

My Landy is Keita - young aspiring adventurer anxious to make a name for himself. Hopes to prove himself to be a decent leader.

Fortress is Irene. Smart, intelligent. Met Keita on the road to Tharsis and decided to help him out.

Nightseeker is Nexus. Silent type that they met in the city when Keita posted in advertisement for his guild up on the Adventure Guild bulletin board. Doesn't say much. Just... kinda joined. "You'll need my services" was all. The end. ^_^ Keita and Irene just went with it since they weren't getting very many takers anyways.

Sorcia, Runemaster. The only other person to answer the advertisement. Unsure of herself, but like Keita she is full of big dreams. Is more interested in the lore and is seeking out the Yggdrasil Tree for her own scientific interests.

Mori, Medic. Keita and Irene got into an argument when no one else joined. Keita wanted to just go with what they had. Four people would be enough. Nexus got up and walked over to a random medic girl who was just standing there, spaced out. Forced her to join. She's kind of an airhead. She agreed to join but her big sis is after her to return back to their original guild. Personally Sorcia is kinda worried about her after their first foray into a maze - especially when she healed Keita instead of Nexus who needed it more and Nexus died. Yeah... lots of promise.

^_^ Such a ragtag group.

@Kimiko:
Yeah, it will be a careful balance. I'm not too bothered by that.

[] - [] - [] - []

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:39 pm

... You wanna know something funny. I went to look up my old party because I remember my Fortress's skills vaguely and had that strong sense of deja vu. I realized that the only difference with my current party and my previous game 1 party is I have a Nightseeker instead of a Sniper.

:\ Debating if I wanna change out my Fortress. I might just keep her anyway and change her out late game. I really coulda sworn I had never used a Fortress before.

[] - [] - [] - []

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:40 am

GOSH DANGIT MAXINE!!!

...reminding me of that one super special playthrough i wanted to do but never became a thing...

....youve filled me with great sadness and guilt

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:37 am

Going without a Fortress makes the FOEs actually a bit more difficult. The Silent Killers in the "4th strata" have this move that deals like 597 damage to my Arcanist/Medic (My healers have the worst luck). Granted, I tend to skimp on armor in favor of stat bonuses, but that still hurts a lot.

Incidentally I'm up to the 5th strata in my current run now. Cradle Guardian was absolutely destroyed by my party. Blinded him on turn 1 and watched my Nightseeker rip him apart. Having my Lands and Dancer duo do their thing as well was probably overkill.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:01 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:07 pm

So after completing a new playthrough, something dawned on me; I really do hope that they get around to adding the option of passing 7 days at the inn for EO5. Having to use the inn 7-14 times to get a FOE/Boss to respawn is getting tiresome.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 01, 2015 3:58 pm

This is why I just reset if I fail to get their conditional drop on any rematches I do against them >_>

In EO2 though... when it came to leveling up... I just dealt with it. It is an annoying mechanic.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun May 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Post-game is a lot easier than I remember. Only boss that's given me trouble is Fallen One... but he gives everyone trouble anyway. Blizzard Lord and Great Dragon went down easily. Kirjonen is usuable for the former, and his presence alone makes the battle really easy. Great Dragon was really trigger happy with his breath move for some reason, even with his head bound so he went down without an issue.

Storm Emperor was trickier, since Wiglaf is useless in the fight and my ailments and binds didn't work on him for some reason. He eventually went down when I gave up on trying to bind his head and resorted to using Volt Rune instead. The other post-game bosses are too weak to even mention. I actually killed Sand Leviathan before finishing the 5th strata, as a testament to how easy he is.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Mon May 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon May 18, 2015 10:26 pm

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:06 pm

QR-quests are frustrating. It would be fine if I could just scan all of them and be done, but it can only be a few at a time. So I need to keep all of the codes around and keep track of which few I want to deal with first, and which I've already used. It's not fun.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

1173 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”