Thorny looking Status Ailment?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
doctor_roxo
Ragelope

Thorny looking Status Ailment?

Postby doctor_roxo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:23 pm

There's this status ailment i keep getting and i have no idea what it is. can't find it in the manual either.

The Forest Frog gives it to me. It puts a thorny looking thing on my name after he licks me [i guess]. what is it and what does it do? It doesn't stay with me after the battle, but i'm curious as to what it is.
Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em!

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Thorny looking Status Ailment?

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm

It's a bind. You should be able to tell which kind (head, arm, or leg) by looking at the status pop-up.

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:59 pm

Head Binds reduce magical offense & defense, and prevent head-based skills from activating (Runemaster & Medic spells, for instance)

Arm Binds reduce physical offense & defense, and prevent arm-based skills from activating (Most Weapon-based skills)

Leg Binds reduce speed & evasion (I think?), and prevent escaping and leg-based skills from activating.

If memory serves, the frogs use leg binds, so you should notice that the escape option is greyed out after one binds you.
Grey medic is best medic.

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:54 pm

To build on what Ydhadix said, the most notable example of leg-based skills I'm aware of is the Dancer's various dances (one time my Dancer got leg-bound, checked her skills and saw virtually all of them greyed-out). Makes that Freedom Waltz VERY handy, let me tell you.

And yes, Leg Bind reduces evasion -- which is something you, the player, can take advantage of VS dodgy enemies (if you can hit them with the skill that binds, first).

ProfAllister
Ragelope

Postby ProfAllister » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 am

Also worth noting that leg binds prevent allies from following with Trick Samba and similar effects.

That being said, if the dancer activates trick samba, but then gets her legs bound, allies will still follow her attacks (provided their legs aren't bound), since the dance is a persistent status.

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”