Boss HELP!!!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Boss HELP!!!

Postby Dangerus » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:27 pm

I've been fighting the same boss in the first mini-dungeon on the 4th Maze! How do I defeat this freak of nature?!

Party Before This:
FRONT:
Dancer - Kibagami (Bushi Medic) - Fortress Nightseeker

BACK:
Medic Mystic - Wufan (Mystic Medic)

Here's my Party I might use for next time.

FRONT:
Dancer - Nightseeker Bushi - Fortress Nightseeker

BACK:
Dancer Medic - Medic Mystic

Any good ideas?

Editted by Maxine MagicFox: Please be conscious of other players and posting spoilers.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: Chameleon King HELP!!!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:39 pm

As it is, I do not own the game, so I'm unsure, but I do know that in the past names of bosses have been placed in the "spoiler" territory. Not that you are in trouble or anything, but please watch what you are posting. No boss names please. (Again, if I'm incorrect about this please let me know, it's not my intention to falsely charge someone... I'm just doing what I can to prevent spoilers *sigh*)

[] - [] - [] - []

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: Chameleon King HELP!!!

Postby Dangerus » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 pm

ProfAllister
Ragelope

Re: Boss HELP!!!

Postby ProfAllister » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Yeah, this one was a pain.

My team (which hasn't really changed since I started post-demo) is as follows:

Front Row:

51 Dancesknecht (L/D) -

52 Nightdancer (D/N) -

51 Foxtress (F/D) -

Back Row:

52 Arcane Medic (M/A) -

52 Runemedic (R/M) -

Sadly, for this fight, the front-line fighters weren't much use. They did some good damage when the boss was exposed, but as you're well aware, that isn't often. When the boss covered, I put the attackers on defense, support supported, Fortress used Party Shield. Even with all the preparation, the fortress rarely survived the nuke. Medic Dropped a Hood Circle, which served to keep morale high more than any bindings (fortunately the boss doesn't counter the circle's bind attempt). The damage portion of the battle was carried almost entirely by my Runemaster, using Runic gleam then dropping Flame Wall (Burst Skill) and Origin Rune whenever the boss wasn't covered.

'course, this was a mid-battle strategy (I won on my first try), so I needed to do quite a bit of reviving and accounting for new information. But that's before I figured this strat out. Once I actually put it into motion, things worked smoothly.

Also, my levels were closer to mid-40s when I ran it. Sknecht had fewer Sword and Mist Dances, Dancer had fewer Mist Dances and Speed Boosts, Fort had fewer Taunts and Speed Boosts, Medic had fewer TP Boosts and Ailment Boosts, Runemanster had fewer Revives and TP Boosts(?).

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 pm

RonsonWC
Ragelope

Postby RonsonWC » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:11 am

Would anyone happen to know who's the monster between Boiling Lizard and Logre in the monster codex? It's in the boss part of the codex but I've never faced it.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:15 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Just killed this boss. Actually it's a piece of cake if you can get it poisoned/leg bound.
Its cover will then be become its own weakness. (For leg bind, you will still always hit the boss even if it is covered, while taking poison damage in turns' end remove the boss from its cover)

P.S. In my trial my poison circles hit the boss even while it was covered and GG XD
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”