Grinding Strategies?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

emailboxu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Grinding Strategies?

Postby emailboxu » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:16 am

So I'm aiming to see if I can get far enough to beat the after-end game , anyone got any fast-grinding strats? Atm all I'm doing is abusing the special foods that give +Encounter rate to Golden Mobs and hunting down Golden FOEs... Are there any other +EXP type buffs apart from food and the Burst skill? Going to have to get to at least around 80, preferably.

Garlyle
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Grinding Strategies?

Postby Garlyle » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm to understand that if you feed certain foods to overworld FOEs, you can actually turn them into rare breeds; do that with standard +EXP foods and the Holy Gift burst and you can probably get a lot; but I'm not sure how that'll measure up to the FOEs where you are.

(EO sprite templates )

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:10 pm

- EXP boosting foods (Golden Goose or preferably the crystal drops from the Wyrm).

It's 5x faster when leveling individuals instead of an entire group, so I just had a circle I ran around in the 3rd maze where I used a lone Landsknecht/Bushi (and later a Bushi/Landsknecht) with Ferocity maxed out (Lv.4 for subclass = ~93 HP drain at Lv.70). Just lazily auto piloted my way from Lv.38 to Lv.70 in just a few hours.

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:22 pm

That's a really good idea. I could probably do this for my 3 DPS classes, but not so sure about my Fortress or Medic :(

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:31 am

I just rested and re-subclassed my Lv.53 Fortress as a bushi for the sole purpose of grinding.

Probably going to level up to 70 and rest again, unless I find subclassing as a Bushi works really well.

The coordinates for my grinding location is C6 of the 3rd Maze, B3F.

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 am

I just hit 70 on my Fortress, and my other team members are close to hitting cap. Since it's post-game and all, you think it's worth Retiring them and grinding them up again? I'd like to beat this post-game maze, but I feel like I'd need them at a much higher level as I'm having huge difficulties with the regular mobs on the third floor.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:49 am

uh... is there a way to increase the level cap like in II and III?

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:20 am

I think its killing the dragons but im not sure :/

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

RonsonWC
Ragelope

Postby RonsonWC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 am

The level cap boost is the same as the previous games. Right now all of my heroes are over level 80.

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:41 pm

RonsonWC
Ragelope

Postby RonsonWC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Is there a food that can increase exp/rare breed?

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:48 pm

at the same time? not as far as I know, but that would be awesome.

Yoonah
Manticor

Postby Yoonah » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:48 pm

What about those superfoods (emperor peacock, immortal peach albino Taurus ect)

Punching people is very romantic, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
MATERNITY SPIRAL

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:57 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Hit Lv.80, btw.

27 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”