Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: A note on difficulty

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:37 am

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:36 am

It will eventually make up for it, but my Nightstalkers were generally a few levels behind everyone else, because their mortality rate was really high. The Dancer wasn't better off, though. Strangely my Runemaster always was the last girl standing, even outliving the Sniper I used to have before getting Arcanists and sometimes single-handedly defeating weakened FOEs in the early game.

Update on difficulty: Defeated all those dragons with ease (i.e. no real strategy involved) and am now contemplating if I should or just get it over with and kill the .

"The more laws and order are made prominent,
the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Laozi

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:42 pm

If you're going to fight the weakened version of then go for it. The weapons he gives you are superior to any other weapon in the game. Also kill if you haven't yet.

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Though.. what's the point if he gives you good weapons. After I defeat him I completed everything or did I?. My monstrous codex suggests I'm missing about 11 monsters.

Not that I really need better weapons, anyway. My second Nightstalker has already >700 ATK.

*Of course I fought him without any preparation, because that's what I do. Some ominous presence? Stay away? Pah, let's fight it... and die hard.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:37 am

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 am

Just one final note on difficulty from me:
Now ^this is what I'm talking about. Finally feels like EO again :-)

Thinking about it, me having a hard time with that one could also be related to my party not having equipped much for def. All have second weapons and rings to increase stats >.< (Because getting used to 1-hit-K.O.'s I figured, what was even the point.)

@Tangos: they are pretty worthless, anyway, if your main damage dealer is a Nightstalker, because increased attack from Tango is nothing compared to increased attack from ailments. Nothing! They also won't benefit from increased defense, so there's really no point in Tangos for Nightstalkers.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:57 am

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Shadow Bite on some dragon without ailments: 300+ damage
...with ailments: 4500+ damage (Around Lv70)

I don't need to do the maths on that one to see that that's way, way, way more then a lousy 45%. Though, 45% sounds pretty decent to add to this. But then again, setting it up's a bitch and it eats a buff-slot. Maybe I'll get it now, because I don't know what else to do with all those SP.

@garrett: If you need Amritas to fight stuff you've done something bad in the planning stages of your party. My N/A, D/M, A/R and R/I have basically infinite TP each. (As long as R/I doesn't need to spam Origin Rune. Then I would have a problem after around 20 turns.)

halifix
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby halifix » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:21 pm

I don't really use my medic skills, other than revive. And I guess the healing boost is nice, but I haven't even checked if it applies to my arcanist's Circle Boon.

If you rely on the base elemental Runes, then yeah, tangos may be wasted, since one would keep getting erased. I use Beat Dance for damage on my dancer; I have a fairly boring build though. I would definitely have preferred an N/S to my S/N.

I never saw much of a problem with setup, but I do have a Fortress for soaking up damage incurred... my party isn't deadly, but it's very reliable. I'm going to experiment with F/D I/R R/I A/N L/M party when I retire for those 50-100 stat points.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:48 am

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:49 am

I doubt that that has much to do with Attack Tango.. and more with your team no longer being around Lv70. How did you forge your sword, btw? (And how does Atrophic Eye help the Nightstalker deal damage?)

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:53 am

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:27 am

Oh.. that's right. Somehow assumed Atrophic Eye only lowered elemental defense.
..and what's really tiring is waiting for the Superbosses to respawn. Once I killed every FOE in a certain area of a certain library, felt accomplished, made my way to the exit and three steps later everything respawned on me. (FUUU~) Why can't superbosses have the decency to respawn quickly...

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:37 am

30 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”