Tips for leveling...

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

doctor_roxo
Ragelope

Tips for leveling...

Postby doctor_roxo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 pm

I've noticed on the guild QR thread that there are people that are already level 99. meanwhile...4 of mine are only lvl 13 and my dancer is lvl 9 [exchanged my sniper for her yesterday].

So...how is everyone leveling up so fast??? i don't get it. i've been grinding but dang its slow. i need help/tips i suppose.

yesterday i started something new. i wen to Small Orchard [think thats what its called] and made a 'loop' using the Auto-pilot. so when i reach an encounter i just hit L to AUTO fight but its still taking forever...am i doing something wrong?
Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em!

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Tips for leveling...

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:02 pm

The auto-pilot trick works best if you solo or have your character teamed up with four characters from other Guild Cards (Since they don't gain EXP). It is a very time consuming method, but its the best method if you want do something else at the same time, like watch TV or study for exams >_>

Alternatively you can farm on Dreameaters. This requires you to be on the 2nd land.

- Make a party of one of your characters and four characters from other Guild Cards. Or solo if you're feeling brave/foolish.
- Go to the 1st Land and grab either a Golden Goose or Fire Crystal, move to the 2nd land.
- In the 2nd Land grab a Gold Stinkhorn.
- Feed one of the Dreameaters the Gold Stinkhorn. This should make him become a Rare Breed.
- Cook the Golden Goose/Fire Crystal and engage the Dreameater. Preferably from his back while he's still eating.
- Kill it, use the Holy Gift Burst skill if you have it.
- ???
- PROFIT!

Keep in mind that the level cap is 70 until you defeat a few certain post-game bosses.

doctor_roxo
Ragelope

Postby doctor_roxo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:16 pm

i haven't made it to the 2nd land yet. i only have 3 mazes open. And how do i use characters from other guild cards?

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:13 pm

You can register characters attached to other guild cards in Cargo Wharf, but you can only registered those whose level is not higher than the highest level character you own.
BTW from past experience I don't think you will have grind much before post-game content, unless you just retired a character or having trouble with stratum bosses.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Whoops I forgot to mention, with the auto-pilot trick its strongly recommended you have the character with a Bushi subclass. With Ferocity, you'll never need to heal them.

Soulerisn
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Soulerisn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:20 pm

WARNING: NEW CHALLENGER!

Katt
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Katt » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Wolf- does feeding rare 'favorite' foods to overland FOE's change ALL of them, or is the dreameater just a rare exception?

I've seen a few naturally occuring shiny ones, but didn't know you could set it up >< must.. over.. level...

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:28 am

with that in mind...
i did the dreameater on the cliff to attract the dinogator- only to see he was already a rare breed! so i have to wait and find out again.... ^^

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:43 am

Dont forget to check the caves while your at it, I've had small streaks of rare breed FOEs from checking lands and the caves..

Didn't even have to feed em either...xD
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:41 am

I did test the shiny dreameater->dinogator, did not turn shiny.. aww...

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Justanothernerd
Ragelope

Postby Justanothernerd » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:34 pm

So, learned a new trick for grinding without actually grinding.
Set an auto-path that leads in a circle and put something weighted on your A-button (I used a giant can of salt I had sitting on my desk, balanced using a box of dental floss). Go make tea, take a nap or do homework. Come back later, and (assuming you didn't get raped by the RNG, like I did trying this in the 5th maze the first time) profit!

I set up my team of ~LV70 characters in the 4th maze, first floor last night around 7 or 8pm while I did homework and slept. Woke up this morning to a team of level 99 characters! Of course, EXP boosting foods also help dramatically.
Grey medic is best medic.

doctor_roxo
Ragelope

Postby doctor_roxo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 pm

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:33 pm

34 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”