Subclassing Synergy List attempt

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Garlyle
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Subclassing Synergy List attempt

Postby Garlyle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Everyone keeps asking "hey what subclass should I put on my _____?" so... well, I figured I'd put this together.

Look at the Main Class first then the Sub Class
Green subclasses have fantastic advantages and are go-to recommendations.
Blue subclasses are generally more niche-use or alternative; they're not necessarily bad, but are usually just outclassed.
Red subclasses offer very little substantial synergy beyond what a class offers anyone (such as Runemaster sub always helping solve TP problems).

Feedback is extremely welcome, a lot of this right now is just theorycrafting. I may have overlooked things, some things may not work as expected, etc - but I think it'd be good to get a list of synergies going.

Landsknecht Main

Nightseeker Main

Fortress Main

Sniper Main

Medic Main

Runemaster Main

Dancer Main

Arcanist Main

Bushi Main

Imperial Main
Last edited by Garlyle on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

(EO sprite templates )

TXTSWORD
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Subclassing Synergy List attempt

Postby TXTSWORD » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Please elaborate on the fan dance speed boost bug?

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Hey, no mean to complain, but Having a Dancer/Imperial isn't that bad if you say that using a Drive during period increments are a good idea. I actually have one myself and using Rush Dance when using an Imperial Sword helped me defeat I thought it would be blue at most but was saddened it was in the red zone. For me, it was worth saving Imperial as a subclass for him.

And sure the Fortress/Nightseeker sounds like a stupid idea, but think about the fun of not taking hits when using Shadow Cloak when protecting the party. That totally sounds like fun to me. (Still, unlike the Dancer/Imperial, I actually thought about switching the Fortress/Nightseeker out for an Imperial/Runemaster which looks like they know what they are doing.)

Subclassing Wufan as a Runemaster also did wonders for my party. I can just watch bosses weak to elemental attacks die with her in the team (She was a good help to my main party when defeating the .

Also, I find Bushi/Fortresses the most fun thing since ever because of the extra bash attacks they have. Still, you have a point on them. Two of them are helping and otherwise very dynamic duo of a Dancer/Medic and an Arcanist/Medic level up.

The Nightseeker/Bushi though... Well she is one nice hot potato of death. She was the first to get to the max level. HP Boosting is amazing.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Feedback like that isn't complaining, it's useful! I hadn't even considered Bushi's extra access to Fortress' bash skills, for instance. And yeah, I've probably got a few cases of inconsistency with what qualifies as red (gets basically nothing) vs blue (quirky or outclassed but still useful)

(Unfortunately I'm about to fall asleep but I promise I'll dig through anything and everything posted here once I wake up and update it)

(EO sprite templates )

ProfAllister
Ragelope

Postby ProfAllister » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:24 pm

cdgamer
Ragelope

Postby cdgamer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:02 am

Medic Main/Sniper Sub
Why would you even?
well my medic is in back row barely doing much healing cuase of dancer/arcanist. She is good for Binds/Rezs/Cureing satus majorly. With a bow instead of a staff/mace she does some respecable damage. she does though have heal and line heal for catchup healing.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:33 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:18 am

Garlyle, I think you missed something for L/M. Specifically the 3rd tier Hammer skill. I haven't tested it out yet (I'm not nearly that far) but I figure it'd be worth mentioning.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:20 am

Drives are reported to work with Shadow Skill in the japanese version. Yes, with only one weapon.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

ProfAllister
Ragelope

Postby ProfAllister » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:51 am

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:14 pm

(EO sprite templates )

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Fortress/Runemaster - Worth noting that Bolt Strike synergies really well with the Runemaster's various damage boosting skills.
Nightseeker/Medic - Star Drop works with Follow Trace and Nightseekers are almost guaranteed to go first with Speed Boost. Not sure if it's effects stack though.
Sniper/Landsknect - I'd make it blue. Even though it only benefits from two skills, its not a terrible option. Also since Snipers are usually in the back you could equip a secondary weapon and make use of Power and Mind Break without caring about the defense drop.
Runemaster/Landsknect - Initiative works with rune skills but Vanguard doesn't.
Sniper/Dancer - Due to their high crit rate and their massive crit damage bonus, Snipers have very powerful normal attacks which works well with Chase Samba and Sword Dance.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 pm

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:46 am

Im curious as to duplicate passives- do they stack, and at what rate? confound it, a Fortress/Landy with 14 levels in Iron Wall tempts me so.

I SAID CHEAT, DO IT!

^^ and I'll throw my hat in for those who play defensively, after testing around with Land/Dancer to get multiple attacks while keeping my shield up, i can't argue the usefulness. at least til i unlock imperial from the sounds of it. That amazing self-boost with those extra hits is devastating and not being fragile is... important, eheheh... For a purely passive standpoint to focus on the actual Land skills, that is.

73 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”