Debating New Game +

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Debating New Game +

Postby Dangerus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I love the idea of leveling my characters up to 99 while getting the Normal Game experience. However, New Game + takes away all key items. Does this mean our level caps or was ATLUS smarter than that?

Krimmydoodle
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Debating New Game +

Postby Krimmydoodle » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 pm

I made an NG+ off my current file. My existing 90+ characters stayed at their levels, and when I made a new character, they still showed the crowns on their status screen that say their level cap has been raised.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 pm

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 am

Are characters from the unlockable classes still able to be made during a New Game + (prior to their normal unlocking)? I'm a little curious for when I inevitably get there.

Another question I have is if the quests -- like in last game -- won't reset with the New Game +. (e.g., if I want to do that one quest with the flower again, would it be doable or not?)

Answers to both would be awesome, even if I won't need them for a fair while.

Krimmydoodle
Ragelope

Postby Krimmydoodle » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:27 am

We'll just cover as many bases as we can think of. This is the text that appears in the game upon starting up NG+:

"Now that you have cleared the game once, any new game you begin will carry over the following:
*All characters
*All equipped gear and money
*Guild name and guild card

Be aware that key items, unequipped items, and items stored at the inn will all be lost. Maps and logbook entries can also be carried over at the player's discretion.

Would you like to carry over your maps from the previous save file into a new game? [Yes/No]

Would you like to carry over your logbook entries from the previous save file into a new game? [Yes/No]"

Other than the above, and the fact that your level cap will be as high as you raised it to (your level cap is not boosted by key items that are then taken away from you), the game will start an entirely new game.

All quests will be reset.
All treasure chests will have their contents restored.
You can scan QR codes again.
Unlockable classes are stored in key items and deleted, and new characters cannot be created of those classes until unlocked again.
Burst skills are stored in key items and deleted.
Available burst skill slots are tied to quests and reset to 2.
Storage space is tied to quests and reset to 10.

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:35 am

When you say 'Unlockable classes are stored in key items and deleted', you mean that if I for example have unlocked Arcanists, and have some made, that only the capacity to make Arcanists is deleted, or that all my Arcanists will be deleted along with the capacity to make them?

Ashes
Ragelope

Postby Ashes » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:51 am

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:28 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Last edited by Dangerus on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:25 am

Hide tag?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:34 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Okay guys guess what!

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 am

This NG+ doesn't appeal to me.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm

17 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”