Audio Issues

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Audio Issues

Postby Etrian Veteran » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 pm

I have been playing EO IV on a 3DS XL and I've noticed that there is some really bad compression on the music in certain areas, for example the 2nd Land's music, and certain parts of the 1st Stratum's theme.

Is it the same on the normal 3DS or does the XL just have weird speakers?
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: Audio Issues

Postby Dangerus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Terithian
Fenrir

Postby Terithian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:55 pm

I think I know what you're talking about. It might just be the crappy 3DS speakers. Have you tried plugging in headphones?

Gumi
Ragelope

Postby Gumi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:24 am

I have a 3DSXL, and I thought my 3DS was broken when this happened. This problem doesn't occur with any of my other games. It's fine with headphones, but I wonder why the speakers are acting up like this?
I write...sometimes. Check out my blog!

Terithian
Fenrir

Postby Terithian » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:27 am

I think it might have something to do with the live music in EO4, instead of just synth, like in most other games.

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 am

Speaking as someone with a regular 3DS but not a 3DSXL, I'm tempted to say it's probably just the 3DSXL's problem, but then I'm not sure what I'd really be looking for by comparison so I might not be the best one to say yea or nay in that regard.

But so far the music's seemed to be alright during my play experience (and by 'so far' I mean 'I'm on the 3rd floor of the 6th Stratum'), so that's at least a thing.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:17 am

No, I see it on the 3DS - specifically playing the 2nd land's music without headphones in you can really hear it. It's like the system's straining to hit a note it can't.

Either way, wearing headphones increases the music experience a huge amount and you should do so if you can.

(EO sprite templates )

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”