Going below the standard 5 man parties

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Cross The Rubicon
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Going below the standard 5 man parties

Postby Cross The Rubicon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:39 am

I remember in my play though of EO3 that having smaller parties was feasible, especially with ninjas, but in EO4, such slot filling skills are gone, are 5 man parties absolutely mandatory now for a play through from start to finish or can smaller parties work with a little extra grinding?

Garlyle
Fenrir

Re: Going below the standard 5 man parties

Postby Garlyle » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:43 am

Well, I'm going to be finding out since my NG+ run I'm starting now is a party of nothing but three dancers.

I know the game definitely is designed in such a way it expects a more varied party composition in terms of what it's capable of; but there's several different ways to deal with each party. So long as you're slightly more careful about team synergy and what each member brings to the table/focuses on you can probably do fine.

Technicaly they were feasible in every EO game, it just meant working smarter (EXP is divided among party members, so you won't need too much extra grinding since you'll get more EXP anyway)

(EO sprite templates )

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:50 am

I believe that's perfectly feasible, but the risk increases dramatically when you face a monster group/FOE with heavy single-target ability/instant kill/petrify.
Actually basically any status aliment will become relatively more deadly than normal damaging abilities with a smaller party imo so maybe that's where you should play more carefully.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 pm

In EOIII, you could one-man most of the game with an Yggdroid subclassed into something else, if you were patient.

In EOIV, it's looking like Fortress/Bushi might be the go-to, for incredible durability and a good dose of self-recovery. Of course, some enemies will just generally take you out, but still.

If you want something like a 2-4 man party, that's totally doable too- you just have to consider what roles you need, and specialize a bit more.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”