Subclass/Party Comp Suggestions!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
thdrkprnc
Ragelope

Subclass/Party Comp Suggestions!

Postby thdrkprnc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Hey 8)

So I just unlocked subclasses, and even though I've already read over the subclass synergy thread, I'm still kind of on the fence as far as party composition is concerned. Wondering if you guys might have a few tips/tricks!

At the moment I've got:

Damage Tree NS sub Dancer, Guard Tree Fortress sub __
Poison/Bind Tree Arcanist sub Medic, Bind Tree Sniper sub__, Medic sub__.

As you can see, I'm still needing subclasses for my Fortress, Sniper and Medic.

I was thinking of going:

Fortress sub LS for Sword Break/Iron Wall stacks
Sniper sub Arcanist for Bind hit rate
Medic sub RM for free TP/heal spams/things to do when healing isn't needed.

Does this seem like a viable party?

Also, two more questions while I'm here :)

+ Is the Medic's attack tree actually worthwhile in any situation?
+ Where can I get the drops to make luck-based accessories? My Arcanist hardly ever touches FOEs.
--
Thanks for the help guys, looking forward to seeing some of your suggestions!
✖✖
✖✖

Garlyle
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Subclass/Party Comp Suggestions!

Postby Garlyle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am

I don't find the medic's attack tree to be that great, BUT if you're doing stunt fights (eg "Kill this superboss in 1 turn"), Landsknecht/Medic using Star Drop is actually the single biggest multiplier for damage available in a single action (Between the Land's proficiency and star drop you add +60% to all other damage dealt that turn). That's an edge case though.

Not sure what to offer for LUC accessories.

Fortress/Land is a great idea if not just for Swordbreaker/Iron Wall. Especially if you're using your turns for stuff like Party Shield, it makes passives the best you can get.

Sniper/Arcanist is like the only real option for a bind sniper.

Medic/Runemaster is great. The big thing is that in the long run having a runemaster at least as a sub is super important because having at least level 3 base runes (the ones that cause weakness/add resistance) is a huge, huge advantage against postgame bosses. Other than that just pick up Free Energy - Medic has its own longer-than-RM-subbed TP Boost after level 40 and lots of TP anyways.

(EO sprite templates )

thdrkprnc
Ragelope

Postby thdrkprnc » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Duuude thank you for the info, that's some really good stuff! Especially the point on the LS/Medic Star Drop--because I've been wondering how in hell those conditionals were supposed to be met.

Seems like I was more or less on the right page then. Didn't realize that you wrote the subclass synergy guide :) Thank you for that by the way. Been using it as a bible.
✖✖
✖✖

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 am

As for Luck accessories, I've found enough via forging my weapons with the Luck hammer and the armor that comes with Luck on it. I do favor a Nightseeker over an Arcanist though, not sure if the difference in chance of effect is that big.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”