Complaints about classes

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Xtatica
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Complaints about classes

Postby Xtatica » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Getting into the topic of the healer. What's really actually better... Arcanist/Medic or Medic/Arcanist?

At the main topic. Something I really don't like is how Nightseekers should be able to inflict full damage on the backrow with a dagger or something, like a ninja from EO3. The only thing that they can do in the backrow is trowing stuff. I'll rather use an Arcanist for status effects and just abuse Shadow bite and stuff with a front Nightseeker.

eloquentrave
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby eloquentrave » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:30 pm

AwesomePreußen
Ragelope

Postby AwesomePreußen » Mon May 27, 2013 3:56 am

What? My Landsknechts (I had 2) never died much. It was always my Medic and Runemaster who took the falls.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon May 27, 2013 7:37 pm

So anyone have any thoughts on the Dancer/Imperial setup?

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Mon May 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I actually like the classes overall, but the one main complaint I have (and this applies to all other EO games too) is that the TP gain abilities of the classes is really unbalanced. Some classes have absolutely no TP gain at all, while others (mainly the unlockable ones) tend to have lots of ways to gain TP back easily. I wish every class had at least some way to potentially gain their own TP back.

And to those complaining about Medic... I haven't ever had a Medic in my EO4 team at all, either as a Primary or Secondary class, and have survived surprisingly easily, even in the early stages of the game. The Dancer and/or Arcanist can easily support a team with their defensive abilities. So to call the Medic a necessary class seems very inaccurate based on my experience with the game...

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Tue May 28, 2013 12:06 am

Medic seems mostly unnecessary now, with the abundance of healing skills, which is a good thing. It still greatly increases survival rate.

I really liked the Fortress. The concept of actually taking damage instead of acting as a "ward" that reduces it (or uses Anti-element to 100% eliminate it) seems conceptually better. It provides interesting tactics with:
1. The free changing of party formation
2. Calm Breath burst
3. Dancer's line heal
4. Arcanist Circle Boon or Medic's Auto-Heal
5. Taunt/Decoy

So, what you can do is prep your fortress with rampart, aggro, or weak shield (especially if the boss has a randomly striking move), then let a boss do his damaging move. After it's happened, you can choose:

1. What your fortress should guard, generally line or party
2. How to organize your party to take advantage of Dancer Regen if you have it
3. How to organize your party to consider who's not actually attacking, and who needs to be in front for this specific turn
4. Should certain members be in the same line as the fortress or your nukers to provide def/atk buffs

What I WOULD like changed is:
1. Make Calm Breath cost more, or have a cooldown
2. Remove the ability for Runes to generate weaknesses... unless the ability to generate and take advantage of weaknesses is more wide-spread
3. Make Fortress/Dancer not be such a ridiculous tank

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Tue May 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of everyone being able to generate weaknesses... but at a less abusable way than a surefire rune. For example, if we had another bind class that had a skill to remove, say, a head bind to give the opponent a debuff that increases weaknesses to pierce. And maybe do the same with arm/blunt, and leg/slash. I like this idea because it has a potential drawback, instead of laying down an arcanist circle and forgetting about it until you need a heal or it's going to fade away. I'd also find it interesting to consume status effects for elemental weaknesses.

And if we add more options to generate weaknesses, you could increase enemy hp to compensate. Or give attack skills more flavor.

And yeah, the old danger of ambush was a lot more interesting. I maxed high caution in my party from lv 20-42, and then maxed it again after I managed to get a freak chain of 3 ambushes in 5 fights (I thought that all of the 5th maze had increased ambush rates).

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue May 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed May 29, 2013 4:20 pm

茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

SAL
Bloodant

Postby SAL » Wed May 29, 2013 9:10 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 30, 2013 2:38 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Thu May 30, 2013 11:22 am

AwesomePreußen
Ragelope

Postby AwesomePreußen » Thu May 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Geez, why's everyone hats the Medic? Sub it with Runemaster and it's amazing!

46 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”