What should I sub my Arcanist as?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Doktor_Q
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What should I sub my Arcanist as?

Postby Doktor_Q » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:26 am

Arcanist/Runemaster can get bonus TP and free energy, which never hurt a caster. You can sub into medic for additional healing, or into Nightseeker for, at the very least, Shadow Cloak and Not Getting Killed. Fort sub automatically grants durability to a character, if nothing else, and... well, you already have Medic, but there's nothing wrong with more copies of Auto Revive.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:00 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:14 am

Nightseeker/Bushi FTW!

Anyway, the two Arcanists I have are subbed as Medic and Runemaster. Arcanist/Medics do pretty good healing. Arcanist/Runemasters though are better Runemasters in my honest opinion.

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:16 pm

On the subject of Arcanist/Runemaster, it exists to streamline the buff/debuff to one character so an actual Main class Runemaster can focus on actually dealing damage. The difference in the debuff Runes isn't large enough to matter for the turn efficiency. /Medic is good for the extra general utility though. These are the two most common subs though and for fairly good reason

Regarding Spotter being "enough", it depends. If it's similar enough to Nine Smashes from EO3, it's probably around a -55 penalty to Accuracy. Spotter would be +40 and the base HIT formula can grant up to +30 so both of those could compensate.

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope

Postby KitsuKitsu » Wed May 01, 2013 4:39 am

The standard is usually Arcanist/Medic. It's pretty strong; great as support.

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”