Stumped. Party change?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

PhelpsChick
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Stumped. Party change?

Postby PhelpsChick » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 am

I just made it to Cloudy Stronghold. I don't have access to imperial yet, but I would like to have a main.

I'm just confused with my party right now. I have

L/R F/D
R/(to be subbed Imperial) S/N A/M

They are all at least lvl 50. Am I overleveled at this point? My Runemaster does phenomenal dmg, around the 600ish dmg range for elemental weaknesses. My land's links are ok, doing 200ish dmg for weakness, but i feel like I'm not strong enough for my lvl. Will this get me through post game? I want an imperial for possibly more dmg coz I feel like my fort and sniper arent up to par with my runemaster's damage. Sometimes my fort is just like dead weight and my sniper's damage is meh. Am I doing something wrong? Should I ditch my sniper and/or fort? And if so, to what?

Snowdome
Killclaw

Re: Stumped. Party change?

Postby Snowdome » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:18 pm

S/A is for binding, and S/N is for... well actually I dunno. Double Squall Volley maybe.
You will need your Sniper to trigger all links in your current setup, so think L & S as a pair.
As for F, my opinion is always the same. If you feel you need him, fine; if you don't, drop him.
Any party with necessary setup (binder and rune or resist accessories) can bring you past post-game without big problem in EO4.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:02 pm

^which makes me question the positioning of S/N again. S/A is a better binder with higher chance and TP return upon success, S/B is a better damage Squall Volley-er for TP efficiency with Charge. But for S/N, he may do 2 bind shots, or 2 Squall Volley, but (1)it is not guaranteed, and (2)S/A and S/B perform their roles better.

Shadow Clock could be a good skill, but if you got Taunt already, its usefulness is at least 50% off. My equipment was [Bow-Armor-Boot-Ring] during the main game and [Bow-Dagger-Armor-Ring] after I get the second best dagger fully forged (Ring: HP or TP accessories from trade, depending on whether I want survivability or endurability in that land), but I didn't find my Sniper too paper on the back row.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more

PhelpsChick
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PhelpsChick » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Hmm. L/I sounds tempting. And I like the sound of S/B. Once I get access to Imperial, I'll drop my fort and sub an imperial to R.

Then my team will be

L/I I/R
R/I S/B A/M

I'll see how it works out for me. Thanks guys.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:40 am

I still don't know why you'd want R/A. Runemasters are missing Luck, which is the larger portion of the status application formula.

In case of implosion, look directly at implosion.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:56 am

Yeah, Runemasters gain nothing from the Arcanist skill pool, unless you really need Bracing Walk/Warding Mist.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:23 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:04 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:57 am

It affects all damaging skills, be it physical, elemental, untyped or TEC-based.
At least that's what atwiki says.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:25 am

Poison damage is fixed and I believe it is not affected by the attacker's modifier. Also, so far I cannot see any damage taken modifier that can increase the amount.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:31 pm

Venom throw doesn't benefit from damage bonuses, just duration (Black Mist) and application chance (Luck/Tec/Ailment Boost).

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Hardly. Luck is the biggest status application factor, with Tec playing like, 1/2 to 1/3 as much role. The skill itself has a chance of applying it, too, which improves as the throw levels. Notice how all the status classes tend to favor high luck and high Tec, this is why.

Doktor_Q
Manticor

Postby Doktor_Q » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:43 pm

...Mine has pretty good Tec, compared to the physical types...

Gotta check this one. Anyway, Luc is weighted much higher for applying and resisting statuses and binds.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:30 am

Worst TEC goes to Bushi; Nightseeker is rank 6 out of 10.
Honestly I have no idea how status infliction rate works and how Venom Throw changes as more SP is put on it. Where do you see TEC plays a factor in it? LUC should play a role since it affects Mist Dance too. Also, for Poison Circle of Arcanist, only rank 4 and 8 increases the chance to inflict (or at least that's what the tooltip says in-game), but I dunno if that's the case for Venom Throw.
I miss those days when we can have all these actual figures...

22 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”