Video guides to Etrian Odyssey

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Ex-Lurker
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Video guides to Etrian Odyssey

Postby Ex-Lurker » Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: Video guides to Etrian Odyssey

Postby Dangerus » Sat May 04, 2013 12:42 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 am

^I was surprised to see another fellow D/I, but I am even more surprised now that you took a totally different approach than mine.

For me, I only aim at making her an "infinite chaser" [infinite TP to use Chase Samba and Rush Dance] with the help of Absorber and Finisher and a fully volt-forged Drive Blade. Power Boost and Element Boost* are great because additional damage modifiers are always good to have. Accel Drive and Hawkseye are also a big because untyped damage and enemy damage taken modifier are always welcome. I tried Edges but I found there isn't that much room for me to actually make use of them.

The basic concept fo this combo is to use Rune to manually create volt weakness, and each strike from Chase Samba and Rush Dance will recover the TP cost. If you don't have enough materials to make good weapons, one Drive Blade will do; if you have, a Sword/Bow (if you intended to put her in the back) + a fully ATK-forged Dagger should be better. Just now I suspected that D/B might be better than this, but I am not sure if the increase in individual damage can compensate the loss of Hawkseye, passive TP recovery and the occasionally used Accel Drive.

*Element Boost (and Hawkseye) affects both the physical and elemental portion of the weapon's normal and chase attacks.

Back to the topic, I say do a guide for Poison Circle (lvl20) or Spread Throw + Venom Throw (lvl50) to show poison's efficiency in normal encounter.

Edit: add the Boosts skills and sidenote.
Last edited by Snowdome on Sat May 04, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 04, 2013 3:16 pm

^_^ Good luck on this, Ex! I can't wait to see the end result.

[] - [] - [] - []

Ex-Lurker
Ragelope

Postby Ex-Lurker » Sat May 04, 2013 11:43 pm

Thanks, I'll do my best. Give me about 3 days.

More guides and ideas are very welcome in this thread. Ideally ideas for newbies yet to come into their own in the labyrinth.

If 12 ideas are left I'll just have work to keep me busy for a bit longer, so please, pile them in.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat May 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Just remember to give credit in the video to all of those people whose ideas you used.

[] - [] - [] - []

Ex-Lurker
Ragelope

Postby Ex-Lurker » Sun May 05, 2013 6:29 am

Ofcourse! Every time.

Ex-Lurker
Ragelope

Postby Ex-Lurker » Thu May 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Sorry, college work is getting pretty intense around now. I just want to make it clear that these videos *are* a thing that's happening.

That said, I would still love more to work on. I was hoping bugging people to fork over their guides on this forum would be enough, but it looks like I'll have to beg for permission for walktrhoughs.

I suppose the other option is me simply writing the guides, but I don't have enough time to *play* Etrian Odyssey, so they would just be an amalgamation of info I scrape from the bottom of this forum, regardless.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue May 14, 2013 3:04 am

Not sure if garrett is actually referring to that quest in the other post, but I do think many need a video for the water-mark quest (and the last part of that) in the 4th Land since
D-2(d,5)→C-4(e,4)→C-5(e,5)→B-5(e,5)→B-5(c,2)→A-5(e,4)→A-4(a,5)
is just too complicated to explain = =
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue May 21, 2013 12:25 am

...Crickets are chirping here...

Is this bad?

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope

Postby KitsuKitsu » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:19 pm

I was told that I should submit my thread here, so...

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1880

:3

12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”