How does it compare to previous games?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

SAL
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How does it compare to previous games?

Postby SAL » Mon May 27, 2013 9:48 pm

I thought EO3 was hard to top, but I think EO4 will probably be my favorite in the series so far. I haven't played through everything in it so I can't say 100% yet, but it looks that way so far.

I think the order for me is basically EO4 > EO3 > EO2 & EO1

EO4 it seems has a little less powerful / abusable classes than EO3, but I like how the game world is set out a lot. I didn't really like the sailing the ship thing in EO3, so I was worried when it seemed like flying the airship was going to be such a big thing in EO4. But it turned out not to be annoying at all, and I actually really enjoy going around in the airship. I also love the idea of little caves being around in addition to the standard bigger labyrinths. Overall EO4's world feels a bit more immersive and fun to travel through than any EO game before it. I also love the 3D models for the monsters, which was another thing I was initially a little worried about, since I like 2D sprite graphics a lot and usually think games look worse when they switch over to using 3D polygon graphics.

Overall I think EO4 just feels like it has less annoying things in it than any other EO game, making it just a fun ride all the way through.

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby KitsuKitsu » Mon May 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Well, a few things.

EO3 is a far longer game, and has very good replay value. Long doesn't necessarily mean tedious either, with exception to the sailing.

EO4 has many many great features about it. The skyship exploration was by far the best addition. The only problem with EO4 is that it's a universally shorter game, and the post game could have had much more content (although it was very well done). In addition, it's not as difficult... (Pardon me, I'm one of those masochists who really really enjoys a good challenge) It's much more welcoming as an introduction to the Etrian Odyssey series, and I really loved the game.

I haven't played 1 or 2 though. Overall, I'd say EO4 is a great game if you loved EO3, and likewise the other way around.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue May 28, 2013 1:52 am

18 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”