Just beat the Post Game Final Boss without Chemicals!

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
KitsuKitsu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just beat the Post Game Final Boss without Chemicals!

Postby KitsuKitsu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:56 am

Just beat the without chemicals with my own balanced, no class spamming party! Granted I just about died, and only one member of my team was still alive by the end of my run (it depends on your luck), but hey a win's a still win. This was on Normal, by the way.

The party:

Front:
THOR the -LANDSHARK BANNED-/Bushi
LOKI the Nightseeker/Bushi
ODIN the Fortress/Dancer

Back:
NEPHTHYS the Runemaster/Bushi
DARK MIKU the Arcanist/Medic

Bursts needed: Geo Impact, possibly Superspeed

NOTE: I beat it with the Dragon Carp food boost, so I had an innate +6 agility boost in addition to level 99 retired characters who were maxed on speed books, with exception to ODIN who only has 7 speed books right now.

THOR is built as a hybrid Link Tempest land; I've only have Electric Link maxed, and still have 10 skill points to max one other link skill (don't know if I should do Blaze or Freezing, but I only needed Electric for Warped Savior anyways), and have maxed Sword Tempest. Most of the passives are maxed. For the Warped Savior fight, both Sword Tempest and Electric Link were needed.

Loki is a typical Nightseeker/Bushi, with Sleep, Curse, and Venom Throw maxed. I beat Savior with an unfinished gear set (Ame no Habakiri and Dragonbane for 12 attack forges; missing 4 for 999, so I'm a little gimped). Spread Throw before you kill the Pupa, and then venom throw to gain maximum damage with Foul Mastery. After that, your Swift Edges will hit like a thousand trucks. Pretty good stuff, if you ask me. Also wonderful because they can activate THOR's links.

ODIN, the unknown backbone of the entire operation. He is invaluable, and lets the party setup for their bug killing spree by backing up the front with his pristine shield. His main goal is to make sure that the rest of the crew are unhindered by the Bug's arms while they setup, as well as providing support and residual damage as needed. He was built with a focus on Attack Tango and Chases on the Dancer side, and the typical stuff for tanking on the Fort side. Granted once the Warped Savior opens his eye, even ODIN's shield provides no shelter for abandon... It's a Hail Mary to the finish line at that point.

NEPHTHYS is a death goddess, and for good reason. She provides invaluable support and damage for the crew, and purges the unclean with her divine thunder. Yeah, typical R/B stuff. Funnily enough, she supports more than she actually kills with this party; Thor and Loki are the main damage dealers, but NEPHTHYS is no pushover.

DARK MIKU, healing inclined Arcanist and Medic. Her dismissal skills are pretty pathetic, being used primarily only for TP return during dungeon runs. She has a lot more focus towards her Medic branch, but has all of her binds maxed. Her main job with the crew is to set up Atrophic Eye to increase the damage of allies, as well as bind the enemies and try to make the job as quick and painless as possible for the crew. So, typical support, as you can all see.

So the Battle Sequence... I'll list it out based on the classes; L/B first, N/B second, F/D third, R/B fourth, A/M fifth.

NOTE: You will need Geo Impact and at least 1 Bravant

Turn 1: Blood Surge / Vanguard (Depending on if Blood Surge activated or not), Curse Throw / Sleep Throw (Preference. I choose Curse personally, as Pupa is negligible; this is regardless of whether Blood Surge activated or not), Party Shield, Blood Surge / Runic Gleam (Depending on if Blood Surge activated or not), Snare Circle

Turn 2: Charge, Blood Surge / Curse Throw / Sleep Throw (Depending on if Blood Surge activated or not) / Whatever, Attack Tango, Volt Rune, Treat (on F/D; get rid of the defense reduction from all that bug acid, you'll need it)

Turn 3: Sword Tempest, Spread Throw, Whatever (Too slow to actually use any moves), Galvanic Rune, Atrophic Eye

Turn 4: Vanguard; use Vanguard even if you already have it to extend the duration, Venom Throw (Hit ALL the arms; you should get 175%~200% bonus damage from Foul Mastery with this), Party Shield, Origin Rune, Chain Circle (You should stun a few of the arms, enough to save the F/D's life most of the time)

Turn 5: Improved Link, Shockwave, Attack Tango, Runic Gleam, Heal F/D

Turn 6: Charge, Charge, Chase Samba, Runic Gleam, Bravant on Loki

Turn 7: (Savior opens his eye) BURST GEO IMPACT -> Charge (It is important that you Geo Impact with the L/B; not only will his Geo Impact stun, it will deal ~5.9k damage due to taking the Charge boost), Swift Edge, Rush Dance / Whatever (Might even consider Rampart for a small chance to survive the magic rain, but I typically Rush Dance), Volt Rune, Atrophic Eye

Turn 8: Electric Link, Swift Edge, Rush Dance, Galvanic Rune, Hood Circle / Whatever

Turn 9: Sword Tempest, Swift Edge, Party Shield (If F/D is still alive), Galvanic Rune, ??? (A/M should be dead, do whatever if he/she isn't).

Turn 10: Sword Tempest if alive, Swift Edge if alive, Should not be alive, Galvanic Rune if alive, Definitely dead now. Superspeed with anybody still alive if needed.

Voila, Warped Savior has been killed. By a run of the mill, BALANCED party that you can comfortably run a dungeon through, nonetheless. Not one of those cheesy class spam parties either (*Cough* AngryAaron *Cough* Although his party is probably the most efficient way of taking down the Warped Savior...)

You will need some luck with this battle. It should be possible to kill the Warped Savior in Turn 9 if the RNG favours you, and you might get TPK'd before you get to Turn 10, but hey you can still win.

I will be providing the QR for this party in the future; I still need to finish my gear farming before that happens, and give LOKI 999 attack as well as bumping up NEPHTHYS from 24 ELM forges to 26 ELM forges. I also need to finish my book farming with ODING; so far he only has maxed Tec and Vit. In addition, I have unspent skill points with both THOR and ODIN.

If you're interested in my party, please tell me what other elemental link skill you'd like THOR to have (Freezing or Blazing, Electric is already maxed) before I distribute the Insecticide party. I'll figure out ODIN's remaining skill points on my own.
Last edited by KitsuKitsu on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Just beat the Warped Savior without Chemicals!

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:09 am

Congrats! I haven't attempted the feat myself since I'm still ironing out flaws in my party (Might replace I/R with R/B and move my S/B to the front) as well as getting my gear ready for him (Gonna max some Yggdrasil weapons for the bastard). I'll take some your tips into account when I start my futile attempt to slay him.

By the way you should change the topic title... boss names are technically a spoiler.

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope

Re: Just beat the Post Game Final Boss without Chemicals!

Postby KitsuKitsu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:15 am

Fixed the topic and potential Spoilers lol. Oh right, I should note that when Savior opens his eyes, he nullfies all of his binds, ailments, and also status afflictions (this means that Volt Rune and Atrophic Eye are negated); this is why I reapply them after he opens his eye.

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope

Re: Just beat the Post Game Final Boss without Chemicals!

Postby KitsuKitsu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Now with a Video! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGtUIpn0fqU

This is me using my variation party, replacing A/M with R/M. The idea is generally the same, though R/M does the job faster when Savior opens his eye. However, the chance the Fort will die against the claws is also higher as a result.

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”