KitsuKitsu's Guide to taking down Chemicalless Final Boss

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
KitsuKitsu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

KitsuKitsu's Guide to taking down Chemicalless Final Boss

Postby KitsuKitsu » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:10 pm

WARNING: SPOILERS UP AHEAD
Stop reading now or prepare to be spoiled (If you haven't reached the end of the post game).

Reaching the pinnacle of Etrian Odyssey 4 isn't easy; this game has a final post game boss that can either be the easiest or the hardest of the entire series. Warped Savior may seem like a pushover compared to demons like Urchild or the Abyssal God, but this is only when you assume the correct chemical combination in order to weaken the Warped Savior by more than half for his battle. But of course, there are completionists (or masochists) like me who strive to conquer the deceivingly powerful Eldritch abomination in a way he wasn't meant to be conquered; without the use of any weakening agents, to fight the omnipotent being at its peak and full power. Here is a list of what Chemicalless Warped Savior can do compared to Chemically weakened Savior:

Chemicalless:
- All arms will attack you. Every turn. Chemicalled Savior only attacks you with 2 arms per turn.
- All magical attacks are at least double in strength compared to the Chemicalled Savior (upwards of 1k+ damage on all your allies save your fortress
- Ragnarok. High Priority 100% TPK instant kill move only available to Warped Savior when he isn't Chemically bound.
- Stupidly powerful Chaotic Embrace; (I haven't fought Chemicalled Warped Savior for a while now, so I'm not 100% sure if Chemicalled Warped Savior's Chaotic Embrace is weaker) high Stone rate and completely ludicrous success rates for all ailments. In addition, its poison deals 500+ damage... And bypasses Endure.
- 70k HP. That's 10k higher than the Abyssal God, except Savior has 4 appendages all with 3k HP. Really, it's something more like 82k HP if you put it that way.

So with that in mind, we have an idea of what we're up against. A completely godlike entity who in reality surpasses even the Abyssal God. Oh, and there are no exploits to taking down the Unchemicalled Warped Savior either. To bring yourself to challenge God without facing utter decimation, you will need wits, strength, endurance, grinded 99/99 characters, ridiculous team synergy, and the best gear possibly alloted.

Classes required, or impending doom:
- Fortress main
- Medic sub
- Runemaster main

Recommended classes:
- Nightseeker main
- Arcanist main or sub
- Landsknecht main
- Bushi subs (for every damage dealer)
- Dancer main or sub, depending on party composition (There is a video of a Japanese player taking down the Savior with a Dancer main in his synergized party listed below in the videos section)

Untested:
- Bushi main
- Imperial main (Theoretically, they won't work. This is because their burst damage style, even with a mass ton of debuffs, will probably not ever reach 70k+ damage in one turn. Once you've exhausted your drives, you're dead weight. Of course, someone could prove me wrong and do something with a well timed Ignition into 3 consecutive drive spam turns for the moment he opens his eye; I'm looking forward to someone testing it out)

Stay away from:
- Snipers
- Everything else

Now, tips on taking down the Warped Savior:
- Burst damage is okay, as long as your character isn't dead weight after pulling off the burst. This is why I use Landsknecht/Bushi on my standard Savior killing party; Even after the supercharged link, my L/B is still capable of pulling off Sword Tempests to whittle down the Savior.
- Electricity, while not technically being the Warped Savior's weakness, is actually Warped Savior's weakness.
- Whereas it's a given for why a Medic and a Fortress are required for this battle, requiring a Runemaster is something that's a little bit unheard of. This is because of two things; Runemaster are amazing at both support and damage dealing. Volt Rune creates an electricity weakness for your Land, Runemaster, and Imperial to utilize, and Galvanic Rune deals great damage and activates link chases well.
- Your fortress has a low survival rate against Savior's claws if you don't bind them at all, although he can still survive. This is why it is highly recommended to bring an Arcanist main, or at least a sub.
- Chaotic Embrace has a high chance of violating you. He generally uses it when he's very low on health, like say 20%~ or so. Having a Dancer for refresh waltz is pretty cool, but remember that by the time Savior uses this against you your Fort will be most likely dead. I would recommend Holy Blessing as well, except that it overwrites existing buffs, which can screw you over.
- Dancer's buffs are very interesting, in that they stack with pre existing buffs, giving a line a maximum of 6 buffs at once. This is because the Dancer's buffs are directed towards themselves, but the moment they receive it their entire line can feel the effects. Take advantage of this.
- Double Slash can be pretty cool if the Land uses it (once you've refilled your Burst from Geo Impact), as then your land can also take advantage of his own passive boost.
- DO NOT KILL THE ARMS ON THE TURN THEY EMERGE. Hollow Barrier will drain you of 1 burst gauge, and you need to regain that Burst. Letting the arms survive for one turn, and then consequently bringing hell on them the next turn, is actually vital to your survival. No Geo Impact, No Chance (You need it on the turn after Savior opens his eye to negate Ragnarok).
- Be careful with bindings; if too many appendages are binded, your fort may not get hit enough, decreasing your Burst gain. This is effectively alleviated by equipping your Fort with a Yagrush.
- Probably more things, but I'm sure you're getting tired of this wall of text by now.

Now, for everyone's favourite section, the Videos and Party composition section!
The following party compositions have been proven to work on Normal Mode, with decent success rates.

1. AngryAaron's Runemaster Carry
Front: L/M F/R
Back: R/B R/B R/B
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s5d0es5IAE
Pros: Easy to do, fastest clear time.
Cons: Unstylish, gimmicky, very high chance of getting screwed over by Burst because your Fortress died prematurely against the arms (No Rampart, no Fan Dance, no binds).

2. KitsuKitsu's Standard Party
Front: L/B N/B F/D
Back: R/B A/M
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUDDrWb-Oy8
Pros: Balanced party composition that you can comfortably run through the rest of the game with; good at killing dragons, clearing dungeons, just about anything and everything. Lowest chance of getting screwed by the arms due to the heavy binding this party will perform.
Cons: Savior: "Oh, I 5% HP left? CHAOTIC EMBRACE. PARTY PETRIFY. SUP. And you were so close too..." (This actually happens quite often, but this party still has a very high success rate against Savior)

3. KitsuKitsu's Variation Party
Front: L/B N/B F/D
Back: R/B R/M
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGtUIpn0fqU
Pros: Lower chance of getting screwed by the arms thanks to Fan Dance + Rampart. Less likely to get owned by Chaotic Embrace
Cons: Still a good chance for the Fort to die prematurely against the arms, somewhat gimmicky.

4. Japanese Dude's Standard Party
Front: L/B D/M N/B
Back: R/A F/D
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhq8e7RjpA
Pros: Balanced party composition that you can comfortably run through the rest of the game with; good at killing dragons, clearing dungeons, just about anything and everything. Stylish cause Dancer/Medic.
Cons: Lower bind rates than KitsuKitsu's Standard Party, haven't tested it personally to say anything more about this.

The following Party composition is proven to work on Casual Mode.

5. Chaosmaster's 5D's Beat Dance Brigade
Front: D/B D/B
Back: D/B D/B D/B
Thread link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997793-e ... n/66130089
Pros: Stylish as hell, hilarious.
Cons: Only works on Casual Mode. Still manages to be gimmicky while being stylish at the same time. Wait, maybe that should actually be a pro?

QR Codes: COMING SOON

With that, I hope you've set your sights towards more than just beating this omnipotent being down with Chemicals and calling it done and over with. I wish you the best of luck, and I thank you for reading!

tl;dr version: Watch the videos and learn how2pwn Chemicalless Savior.

I'm looking forward to someone providing a video of Imperials owning Chemicalless Warped Savior. Or better yet, a party with a Sniper doing it (lol).
Last edited by KitsuKitsu on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: KitsuKitsu's Guide to taking down Chemicalless Warped Sa

Postby Dangerus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Nice Guide. Don't forget to spoiler things though...

In fact, you could have sent this to the ExLurker!

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope

Postby KitsuKitsu » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:00 pm

SAL
Bloodant

Re: KitsuKitsu's Guide to taking down Chemicalless Final Bos

Postby SAL » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:19 am

I'll probably try this soon. I'm currently grinding Fallen One to build some the last final weapons I need. I'm curious as to whether my existing party can possibly beat it. It will probably depend on how much harder this thing is than Fallen One, because I can kill Fallen One pretty easily now.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 am

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope

Postby KitsuKitsu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:59 am

I'm curious as to whether anybody still tries to go after Warped Savior like this... Well, for those of you interested, this guide still exists :3

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:18 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:15 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

8 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”