Party Rearrangement?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
2 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
fernleaves
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Party Rearrangement?

Postby fernleaves » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Hey, I just got rolling on the 5th stratum and I was wondering if now would be a good time to start restructuring my party a little bit. I'm definitely going to change things around some once I hit the postgame, but I was wondering if this party would be viable until then (without murderous levelgrinding, of course).

Front row-- Fortress/Dancer, Landsknecht/Runemaster, Nightseeker/Arcanist

Back row--Medic/Runemaster, Runemaster/Imperial

On any given battle I have my fortress using taunt and strike guard and weak/party shield to sponge attacks, relying on guard mastery and fan dance and my land's swordbreaker to come out of big attacks unscathed. My land is more or less a standard link build, which relies on biding slices (I don't have swift edge yet), galvanic/glacier rune, and sword-danced normal attacks to get all 7 procs. Nightseeker has auto-spread and venom throw for random encounters and does ailments + link-feeding attacks for bosses, medic is on healing more or less all the time (though occasionally she'll move to the front and throw in a normal attack) and runemaster does mostly elemental runes and attacking runes.

The setup I have feels pretty solid in terms of damage and flexibility, but I know the 5th stratum is supposed to be pretty difficult and I was wondering if I'd be able to do well with this party, and if not what sorts of changes would be good to make. I have an arcanist/medic, a bushi/nightseeker, and an imperial/bushi registered and more or less adequately leveled as well, but I don't know how to go about putting them in along with my current party. All of my main party is level 54 right now. Thanks! 8)

halifix
Fenrir

Re: Party Rearrangement?

Postby halifix » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:21 pm

In terms of damage, stuffing your party with runemasters is a cheap way to guarantee good damage, so you're fine. I assume you have at least Venom Throw and one Origin Rune, and some physical skills on your land.

2 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”