The pal release of the game comes with no bonus content?

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
DylanKaneda
Ragelope

The pal release of the game comes with no bonus content?

Postby DylanKaneda » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:21 pm

On 30th of August we Europeans finally get to enjoy Etrian Odyssey IV - Legends of the Titan in all its glory.

I've tried to find information of there being any bonus content coming with the game upon the European release. I've failed to find any information that confirms it to be the case.

Are we here in Europe and, I assume, all the people down in Australia missing out on the bonus content that came with the North American release of the game?

Shousa
Fenrir

Re: The pal release of the game comes with no bonus content?

Postby Shousa » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:37 am

Being a Euro-Gamer, shouldn't you know better than to expect to not get the short end of the stick? Though, I'm surprised to hear that we get EOIV. Not as surprised as I was to see the first game actually translated to a language I could understand as a kid, but still surprised.

But don't worry. The bonus content for EOIV was crap anyway. It was only a small booklet with fewer content than an instruction manual would have (there wasn't one for this game) and a CD with tracks that were still beta-status. So your not missing out on something cool like the book that came with EOIII.

"The more laws and order are made prominent,
the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Laozi

DylanKaneda
Ragelope

Postby DylanKaneda » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:50 am

Well actually I think no, in terms of being an Atlus fan living in Europe. I've come to know and love the company and their games on the Nintendo DS systems and I sadly didn't pay them much attention before that or for that matter knew much about them.

I feel a bit sad for the fact that most games nowadays no longer seem to come with instruction manuals. I also hate the fact when they do they come in black and white ones like with the PS3. It's so cheap! We pay quite a bit for the games at least give us coloured instruction manuals included with our bought games!

Sure the PS Vita has gone all the way with excluding instruction manuals from its games but I thought Nintendo would include them a bit longer, especially on their handheld systems. :(

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Instruction manuals are a dying breed. Most games come with digital manuals nowadays, which is a bit more practical actually since they can't be misplaced or are rendered redundant by in-game tutorials.

To be honest, I don't really care. They don't make instruction manuals like they used to anyway.

DylanKaneda
Ragelope

Postby DylanKaneda » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:00 pm

I guess you can call me old fashioned then as I'd still like to have physical instructional manuals to consoles which promotes physical games. A service as Steam and the console OUYA are the opposite because they promotes digital games.

In-game tutorials are fine as long as they are part of the game's design, as in the first level of Mega Man X for instance. Showing a picture of a game controller with its functions is the opposite of that in my opinion.

For me instruction manuals aren't about tutorials though.
It's about reading the detailed story of the game and its characters, and their place in the world of the game.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:23 pm

Uhm, yeah, we kinda get shafted when it comes to pre-order goodies for European releases. Not a huge issue for me, but the majority do care about them.

(I wouldn't mind proper manuals for games nowadays, though. :()

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Sure, you might be okay with digital manuals, but I'm not. Soon every game case will only have a piece of paper with a download code for the game.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 pm

^ Case? :3
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:07 am

It's only a waste if you don't actually read them. I'm pretty sure that's how I found out that I could play as Presea instead of Llyod.

Speaking of wastes of paper, those stupid ads they shove in the box.

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:29 am

I read my manuals, people.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:23 am

^ Get with the times, Abe Vigoda, people are obsolete.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

12 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”