Dancing with the big three

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Yggdrago
Wyvern
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Dancing with the big three

Postby Yggdrago » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:15 pm

So I made it through the story, went halfway through postgame and decided to NG+ with a new party, and when I reached the 2nd boss, I got impatient and went ahead and ran through main game with my old party again, so I could fight the big three.

My party setup isn't necessarily the best. It's not made to fight bosses, it's just for exploring the dungeons (because I still need to get through the big bad nasty creepy underground dark death cult horrifying labyrinth of doom), and even then it's not a terribly amazing party. But I like my guy, girls, kitty and sapling, so I stick with them!

The party is as follows:

Front:

Maxed out elemental drives and all the element ups, the TP gain when hitting a weakness, and that's pretty much it. No Ignition or Overdrive, probably not even going to go for it (except maybe Ignition).
Bu/Fo:
Smacking those fools with the holy hammer of the MC. Mace skills, damage ups, basically everything that makes him physically attractive (get it? physically attractive? because high damage attracts players to a particular character? yeah I admit it was a bad one)

Back:
Sn/Ar:
Binding, binding, binding. Plus the crits and physical damages. And the extra bind chance from the Ar. Nothing really special here, but probably my favourite teammate. So useful (and cute)
Ar/Me:
Healing. Plus poison. And a little bit of Paralysis. I should probably switch to Paralysis and a little bit of Poison now, considering where I'm headed to, but I'm a lazy bum!

[Between the Lines]:

This guy here works out more than anybody else, because he's constantly switching between the lines, depending on how risky I feel. No elemental damage at all, it's just 100% untyped damage. As such, the TP management is suffering slightly, but so far there haven't been any problems. Also nice to setup a rune to reduce elemental resistance and hit big with the Imp/Rm.

Today I tried beating all three, and it went pretty well!

FIGHT 1:

FIGHT 2:

FIGHT 3:

And that's all for now. I'll keep you all (if anybody's actually reading and/or cares) up to date on my progress, as well as my progress in the postgame with this party. I don't want any advice on how to beat those things, because I wanna do it myself, but please feel free to comment and tell your own tales! I like reading. And pizza. With loooooots of cheese on it. Mhmmmm...
Last edited by Yggdrago on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This post was brought to you by me. It's Yggdra-good!

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: Dancing with the big three

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Yggdrago
Wyvern

Postby Yggdrago » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:20 am

Yggdrago
Wyvern

Postby Yggdrago » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:38 am

Yggdrago
Wyvern

Postby Yggdrago » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:49 am

So much to learn indeed Q_Q

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:57 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Somehow the class is considered spoiler but their skills are not?
What about if we call that "???" like the JP site does?

Just came to my mind, does abbreviated really counted as spoiler too? If so, I can't remember how many I have seen in the rantage or party advice or questions-on-skills posts...
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Yggdrago
Wyvern

Postby Yggdrago » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:10 pm

I think I did it the right way now! With the spoilers and the hiding and the stuff. I hope so at least.

Aaaaaaaanyways, guess who did it? THIS GUY! And I'm a lot more proud of myself than I probably should be.

Now all that's left for me is the rest of the postgame. And that scares me. I tried fighting the annoying pumpkins (didn't know they'd gang up on me...), and died there, tried the big bad buggy and he wiped me out, so I guess I'll have to do this the recommended way.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:07 pm

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”