Need help with 2 post-story game bosses(spoilers)

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Need help with 2 post-story game bosses(spoilers)

Postby heprea » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Starting to hit the point in game that all that is left for me to do is to kill the Fallen one and the Insect.. thing.

my team currently:

Nightseeker 85lvl
Gear:
Dragonbane
Futsuno Mitama
Mirage Vest
Accessory depending on enemy

Fortress/bushi 85lvl
Gear:
Gennou
Hoplon
Knight Armor

Landsknetch 85lvl
Gear:
Fragarach
Hildebrand
Demon Mail

Runemaster/Dancer 85lvl
Gear:
Arcana Rod
Mythic Nithsdale
Talaria

Arcanist/Medic 85lvl
Gear:
Purple Rod
Verdant Attire
Talaria

For starters my main question would be:
What exactly should I forge my weapons with? For example im using Dragonbane(main)+Futsuno Mitama(secondary) on my nightseeker. Should I forge these weapons +hit/attack damage? I have very little knowledge on how much exactly does the forged attributes effect. I mean if I place 1 poison on the weapon, how much % chance would it give me to inflict monsters poison status effect? Currently I really dont know at all what to forge on to my Nightseeker/Landsknect weapons.

For Fortress im thinking of adding +VITA
Arcanist and Runemaster are getting +TEC

Mole-chan I....

sponge7325
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Need help with 2 post-story game bosses(spoilers)

Postby sponge7325 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:17 pm

I'm not exactly an expert on these things, but i'll try my best...

First off, I recommend getting your party to a higher level. The Fallen One miiiight be do-able at your level (Though I think I did it at 92 or so), but being max level for the "insect thing" is an absolute must.
Also, about forging, for pretty much all of the game, by doing ATK+ on my swords n' knives and stuff, TEC+ on staffs, and VIT+ on my armors and ended up okay, and I don't think that either of those bosses have weaknesses, so unless your team really relies on a certain status effect, I think just forging basically should do you just fine.
Your party and equipment seem pretty fine to me, so other than that, I think you'll do just fine.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:52 pm

What sub is on your Nightseeker and Landsknect?

As for accessories, I strongly recommend Lion Medals for your Nightseeker and Landsknect, and Great Hawk Medals for your Runemaster. I'd recommend swapping your Runemaster's and Fortress' subs around too. Fortresses get extra damage mitigation with Fan Dance, and make better of use of dances since they're already in the front. Runemasters are one of the best damage dealers in the game (Probably the best overall TBH), Blood Surge and Surge Mastery will help augment their damage.

As for the bosses, Fallen One is the harder of the two easily (Assuming you're fighting Warped Savior with chemicals). General pattern is he'll use Darkness Curse on the 1st turn which inflicts every bind on your party, ignores resistances (Including Stretch) and has high priority compared to most moves. You don't want that so you'll want to use the Geo Impact burst to stop it from ever happening. He'll use it for every 24% of HP he loses after that, so you may want to inflict ailments that stop him from using skills (Like Confuse) or use Geo Impact again.

Secondly, on every 5th turn he'll use Supernova. This move is a TPK, but it can be prevented by simply binding his head, or inflicting Confuse on him. Beyond that he'll generally use hard hitting physical moves and elemental moves. These can be prevented by binding his arms and legs, but you can always have your Fortress soak up the damage they deal. Basically, he's a harder version of the Kaiser Dragon boss from EO3. Treat him much the same way.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Roar is technically needed for the Bliz-ialwaysforgethisnewname Drake since he still has his infamous Iceblock and Regen combo. However he uses it very late in the fight so its not really needed... since he'll usually be dead before then. Otherwise its actually a pretty irrelevant skill.

I'll probably post a ditty of Warped Savior at some point. Don't remember the fight too well, tbh.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:45 am

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Last edited by Wolkenritter on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Mole-chan I....

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:39 pm

I think you should sub the Nightseeker as an Arcanist. You can get Ailment Boost for one (Which will help you a LOT), and I think a few other useful things. Anything else would probably be a waste.

As for the landie, I haven't sub-classed mine yet cause I never really use it all that much, but thinking about it, I think that Bushi might be a good pick, cause, you know, more damage. Like I said, I haven't tried it before, but it seems like it should work out real well.

Again, I hope this helps. :P
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:20 am

Venom Throw's poison damage is insanely high, making far superior over Poison Circle. Venom Throw has a higher chance of working as well. Origin Rune is another good choice, I forgot to mention it when I posted that initially.

As for subs, for Nightseeker, Arcanist or Bushi are your best choices. Arcanist for higher inflicting rates with Ailment Boost. Bushi is the best choice for raw damage with Blood Surge and Surge Mastery. For Landsknect its a bit easier, Runemaster or again, Bushi. Both boost damage considerably though Bushi tends to be the better of the two.

Also unless you don't mind the huge HP/TP loss, I would only put 1 point into Blood Surge.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Hey there~
Yeah Origin rune is my new favorite skill to use on my Runemaster, hitting The fallen one for something like 2.1k damage was pretty sweet. :)
Btw is Runic Gleam worth it? considering that if I dont get auto blood surge it takes 2 whole turns before I can deal any real damage with runemaster, and that only lasts for few turns.. however that 145% increase in damage does sound tempting.

I dont know why subclassing my nightseeker as arcanist never really came into my mind.. I even use the ailiment boosts on my arcanist :S
Im kind of thinking of swapping the skill sets on my arcanist/medic and soon to be nightseeker/arcanist. Currently I have all except venom throw maxed out from the throw skills on my nightseeker while my arcanist has 0 skillpoints on any of the binds. Basically she uses the debuffs that lowers either damages or defenses and the poison circle(and a fuck-ton of passives) from the arcanist skill sets.

To be honset my landsknecht has been a kind of off-tank, I loved the damage/element damage lowering shield skills in the early game, and as the game progressed on I started to have mixed feelings on how to exactly use her, she is kind of a hybrid(kind of support-ish...). Maybe subclassing her as runemaster(to get maybe higher leveled up element buffs). Currently my characters are all at 97-99 range.

Yet again thanks for the info, both of you!

*edit*

Had my first try at Warped Saviour, got it down to like 30% left and then I ran out of TP on Runemaster.

Grinding now for amarita 3's ... losing my will to live, grinding for this stuff is slow as hell D:

**edit**

Well, there we go! Second time everything went better than expected and warped saviour has fallen!
Thank you very much for the info sponge7325 and Wolkenritter!

Now there are few things that I need to get so that my item and monster lists are at 100% :)

Mole-chan I....

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 pm

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Not to mention Galvanic rune only costs 35(IIRC) while Origin rune is 65. :P

Mole-chan I....

18 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”