Imperials

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
tabsterleir
Ragelope

Imperials

Postby tabsterleir » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Holy crap are these guys death machines or what?!? Assault drive can smack in the 4-9k damage range with the right buffs and debuffs.

Also EO4 has got me hooked. I've got EOU and EOIII on the way with EOII and EOI to come (I know EOU and EOI are basically the same thing but I wanna collect the whole set).
===============================================================
Tabs - Landsknecht/Bushi, cartographer and leader of the STALKERs guild
The STALKERs Guild are:
Kuzma - Fortress/Medic and cook, Tabs' second
DB - Dancer/Nightseeker and diplomat of the STALKERs
Mikio - Sniper/Arcanist, spotter, tactical advisor and "the quiet one"
Orlee - Medic/Runemaster and "resident smartass"
Journeying towards Yggdrasil since 2013 (We made it :D)
===============================================================

Tumalu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Imperials

Postby Tumalu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:31 am

If you think Assault Drive is good, than you should probably check out the elemental drives; they're stronger (even when not hitting weakness, which you can usually be doing anyway) and since you unlock Imperials so late, it's basically never worth using.

But yeah, certainly death machines, and without anything special required to pull it off, unlike other classes capable of outputting ridiculous damage.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:34 am

Imperials are probably the easiest damage dealer to use besides maybe Runemaster. Since the Imperial's game is to set up all kinds of buffs and then unleash them all in one powerful Drive attack. Other classes generally require a lot of more effort or specialized teams in order to reach similar or greater amount of damage.

Also yeah, the elemental drives are their most powerful attacks and are one of the top sources of damage in the game when used correctly (Hint: Use Runemaster sub).

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54 am

Tumalu
Ragelope

Postby Tumalu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:47 pm

B/I has to deal with 9 turn cooldowns anyway. I/B vs I/R is interesting, though. I/L might be considerable since B doesn't have Defiance giving it an edge and going first prevents the def loss on using Drives. Issue is that you have to worry about actually keeping up Vanguard, where I/R keeps most of it without Runic Gleam (I probably wouldn't even use it, rather lower drive CD)

L passives would counter the def loss from Vanguard itself, mostly.

Or you can go N/I and kill bosses in (more or less) one hit :V

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:55 pm

What about Imperial Dancer?

Tumalu
Ragelope

Postby Tumalu » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:52 am

There's not really much of a point in having an imperial dancer, unless you desperately need refresh/freedom waltz... in which case you should really have someone else on the row sub Dancer instead.

Dancer Imperials are alright though, since dancers don't care what weapon they equip and they have plenty of spare turns at high levels if they aren't a Rush/Beat Dancer. Their drives won't be anything special, but, it's not half bad and takes no setup. Hawkeye is an alright addition too.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:02 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:16 am

KitsuKitsu
Ragelope

Postby KitsuKitsu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:42 pm

It should be noted that Imperial's level 6 Charge Edge makes the damage of the next hit 260%, as opposed to level 2 charge from Bushi subclass 200%, or the charge gloves 180%.

Imperial/Bushi and Imperial/Runemaster are both good though. One thing that I should mention regarding Imperial/Bushi is that they have endure. A very good skill that basically gives you a second life. So all things considered, Imperial/Bushi is more reliable, while Imperial/Runemaster brings more hurt.

However, if you really want to hit hard, the best way to go is actually Nightseeker/Imperial, which can basically 1 turn dragons, and if the conditions are right lead to a very fast clean up of no chemical WS.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Tumalu
Ragelope

Postby Tumalu » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:17 am

Surge Mastery is a guaranteed at-least +10% atk boost at max even with full TP, so I/B would be the highest still, right?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 pm

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”