Annoying days ventured glitch.

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Annoying days ventured glitch.

Postby isometric » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:35 am

Honestly I don't really have anything worth saying, but I did say I'd start a thread for it and I don't want to be labeled a fibber. SO HERE YOU GO!

Intro/Background:
Hey y'all. I wrote a bit in the QR thread a while back about my days ventured issues, noting that at least one other member of the community has a similar problem.

To summarize: my days ventured was something like ~8902 where it should have been more like ~103. Every day I rested added the "current" days ventured to the total "total," rather than overwriting. It left me MILDLY miffed, but also voraciously curious.

Anyways, a couple members expressed mild, polite curiosity through a few questions and suggested triggers, which was apparently enough attention to prompt me into deleting my save data and starting my GRAND CRUSADE™ against the hated glitch.

So it goes.

Playthrough so far:
While clearing the game without use of QR codes, I got to day 40 without seeing the glitch. All quests were completed, saving before handing them in and proceeding to rest 5 nights in a row. Yes, it was an absolutely mind-numbing time-sink...

Starting a NG+, I saved at the inn and rested for 5 days in a row. Days ventured remained at 45, which was expected. I reset, and opened up the /eog/ QR sharing folder. After downloading like 80 guilds in 3 binges (since you're capped at 39 guild cards), I had all the QR maps downloaded. I avoided the quests and items for now though. Saved the game, rested 5 nights. Arrived at day 45 as expected.

I quested normally, clearing Labyrinth 1, all quests, and finding all treasures by night 44. Saved the game, checked for possible glitched days ventured, nothing. So far so good! When I crossed into the 2nd Stratum though, that's when the glitch re-emerged. Day 45 came as day 49 instead. Followed by 54, and then 59.

To put it in point form:
- My problem was originally noticed on my NG+++ game, with the days ventured appearing add the previous number to the current days ventured rather than replacing it. eg: 8902, 9005,9109 instead of 102,103, 104.
- As I never bothered making QR codes on previous runs, I'm not sure specifically how far back the glitch started.
- Clearing the full game caused no problem to appear when I neglected to use QR codes.
- Merely starting the NG+ didn't seem to trigger it, nor did it show up immediately after downloading a bunch of QR guild codes
- The problem appeared again when I entered the 2nd stratum on a NG+, having downloaded all qr maps via guild codes. Seemed to follow S=n+5 this time around though, with n being the previous days ventured total. Different glitch? different manifestation of the same glitch?

What does that leave us with? Not a whole lot. More questions than answers, frankly. Interesting to note that it's flat-out adding 5 this time, which started on the 5th day of that run. Might have something to do with it. I'm in way over my head here.

Anything I did in previous runs could have been a possible trigger, or I could be dealing with a completely different issue. My cartridge could be the problem, or my 3ds itself could be broken.

What we DO know is, the bug has been observed both times after both [starting a New Game+] and [using QRs for treasure mapping]. I haven't done enough playthroughs to know if it's specifically starting the new game, specifically using QRs, or doing both together. That's for later I guess.

Plan now:
Chucking the 3ds on top of my fridge for a few days, I guess. I'm sort of bored of this game right now. When curiosity/urge to poke around grips me again, I'm going to reformat/clear my save data and do a fresh run. This time I'll download QRs from the beginning, just to see if it's specifically the QRs bugging my game or the NG+ bugging the game.

If anyone else has a similar days ventured bug, feel free to experiment and post results in the thread. Maybe offer suggestions, Idunno. Suggest a new party for my next run, perhaps? I'm thinking 3 R/B's, an F/D and an M/A maybe. Iunno.

Cripes, I'm sooo bored of the storyline now. Maybe Thanksgiving Weekend will give me some fuel again.

sebberu
Fenrir

Re: Annoying days ventured glitch.

Postby sebberu » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:03 pm

Don't worry about your cartridge/your 3DS. I got the same bug in my previous game, having downloaded the game from the e-shop (~8000 days; did all QR quests and found all world map treasures).

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:47 pm

I remember actually having that as well. It has been pretty random, if you ask me. I didn't notice it until I was showing people my QR code.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:50 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:37 am

Quick update here since I'm already online anyways: 4th stratum of the "fresh" run, no glitch yet.
- All QR maps downloaded
- Did some grinding with QR guest characters
- Did a few QR quests
- Had a few QR items.

tl;dr, I'm almost positive it has to do with NG+ at this point. Either that, or total days traveled.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:37 am

ok. so i havent touched a single QR code. (i didnt even know they were a thing until more recently)

I HAVE started NG+ at least 3 times now. it will be 4 when i get around to it.

I have 3971 days ventured.

i honestly cant say if this bug has happened to me or not though. i've done my fair share of auto-grinding overnight. but is it 4000 days worth? i could actually believe that... (ive literally forgotten my game's been on auto-grinding after 2-3 days. im pretty bad about remembering stuff like that. dont judge)

either way though, i havent touched the QR quests and my number STILL isnt as inflated as those youve brought up. and if thats the case, between the both of us, it would SEEM that its a combination of both NG+ AND QR codes.

...maybe.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:21 pm

*throws confetti*

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:03 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Ok, after double checking, it seems i AM actually glitched.

That would mean its a bug relating to NG+

that is, unless it also has to do with Guild cards as well. I dunno how the QR quests and stuff work. if they give you a guild card or not. (i have 9 from streetpasses)

if they dont add guild cards, then it would seem to be solely NG+ related, as i still havent done a single QR scan.

as for actual resting numbers;
3752, 3826, 3901 (75 > 76 > etc.)

i dunno why but the actual menu guild card has a different info than the cargo wharf one. thats rather odd. and it doesnt even match up to my earlier post. it'd have to drop down to 70, but as we've found out, it would instead be 77. so my number would be 3978 instead of 3971. thats odd. and the other numbers still match up... thats really weird.

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:03 pm

That is odd. It's a progression like my first save's glitch. As for one number not matching up with the others, I did have a couple of days in a row that were both +5. I guess it just sometimes does its own thing enigmatically from time to time.

Thanks for posting the followup though!

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:31 pm

i do wonder what triggers it though... could it possibly be entering the 6th stratum prior to a NG+?

i've never done the postgame stuff like fighting the dragons. it was my first EO game and i didnt really do any post-game quests. i DID however stumble onto the 6th stratum, wentr in, got annihilated, and left it at that...

but i wasnt aware of the glitch so wasnt checking for it...

....its a guess. a shot in the dark.

the only thing it could be that ive done would be PURELY NG+
and in that case, what would have triggered it?

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:31 am

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Update on the edited update: Iso's an idiot edition!

Turns out the reason my days ventured "mysteriously jumped up" was very likely because I spent 3 nights straight in the 6th, grinding xp. I was too used to checking my days ventured after selling to realize that sometimes I don't come back within the same day.

For now, let's assume the trigger is still ng+. Everything else meshes with my current days ventured actually being correct (e.g. boss spawns, rare food spawns).

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:05 pm

If Ventured Days rolls over from 99,999 back to the start, FOEs that don't have specific respawn patterns (Cutters/Dream Eaters respawning every day, Icy Pincers respawning every three days) will require 14 days to respawn, much like the dragons.

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”