Skyship Gadgets (Locations and Tips)

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Skyship Gadgets (Locations and Tips)

Postby Hobgoblin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:05 am

The following isn’t exactly new information by any means, but expansion on information that is already known.

Since I’ve played through Etrian Odyssey IV four times now, I’ve been able to notice some patterns in acquiring gadgets. I’m not sure if anyone else has mentioned these before, but I thought it might be helpful to share.

For the sake of any new players that might be reading this, I’ll go ahead and mention all of the gadgets.

The following are obtained during the main story.

• Foodapault: Obtained with the Skyship after completing the Old Forest Mine.
• Dowsing Rods: Obtained at the Cargo Wharf after getting the Skyship and Foodapault.
• Storm God Icon: Obtained from the Explorer’s Guild after meeting Kibagami in the Golden Lair.
• Twin Propeller: Obtained shortly before the raid on the Echoing Library.*
• Windrider Bell: Obtained after defeating the Heavenbringer.

*The Twin Propeller requires you to have all of Wiglaf and Kirjonen’s items. If you don't have all of them, you will get it after receiving all of their gadgets.

That being said, my findings are as follows.

• The best place to get the skyship gadgets quickly would be the third land: the Sacred Mountains. This is due to the Blizzard King showing up much later than the previous two dragons (around the time you reach the third floor of the Golden Lair), allowing you to roam the map for quite a while to collect food and pass time.
• The best way to handle gadget farming is to equip the Golden Horn, Golden Windcock, or Golden Fish Flag immediately upon obtaining it. Most of the requests are for meat.
• Area of Effect attacks from Runemasters, Snipers, or Bushi are very useful in the event Kirjonen or Wiglaf’s skyships are being attacked, mainly due to every battle in the third land features four Demon Hoppers and a Claw Beetle.
• The gadgets given by Wiglaf are the Golden Horn, Foodapult Mk II, Golden Windcock, Spotter's Book, and Hunter's Guide in that order.
• The gadgets given by Kirjonen are the Harvest Charm, Golden Fish Flag, Emergency Pole, Fisher's Manual, and Farmer's Almanac in that order.
• To optimize getting gadgets quicker than accessories, opt to help one then the other (i.e.: Wiglaf, then Kirjonen, then Wiglaf again, etc.).
• To get more accessories, continue to help someone you recently obtained a gadget from.

I hope this information manages to help someone, even if only a little.
Last edited by Hobgoblin on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

isometric
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gadget Collecting (Locations and Tips)

Postby isometric » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:09 am

Nice list! I've played several playthroughs while testing out an annoying days ventured bug, but only vaguely bothered to pay attention to unlocks. I'm almost positive that twin-propellers requires you to unlock all their other items, but it could just be supreme coincidence on my side.

Also, even if nobody replies directly, I'm sure at least a handful of lurkers are benefiting from these kinds of threads. Cheers dude!

isometric
Killclaw

Re: Skyship Gadgets (Locations and Tips)

Postby isometric » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:19 am

I can at least confirm the twin propellers being optional because i've actually.....never gotten them before... dont judge.

....dont. i said stop. STAHP!

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:02 am

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”