So I got this game for Christmas (party help)

Discuss the fourth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
CuriousEllie
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

So I got this game for Christmas (party help)

Postby CuriousEllie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:04 pm

I have played (but not yet beaten) EO1 and EO3 so I know how tough these games can be. I'm playing EOIV on 'normal' difficulty. I decided to do something a bit different this time for my party.

I went
N/D/N
F/R

The only one in the party that has ever died has been the dancer. I'm down to B3F of Lush Woodlands, and have only had one game over when I accidentally ran into one of the F.O.E.'s on the sky map. Is it possible to unlock subclasses with this party? If so, what should I subclass everyone as? Everyone in the party is level 15 except the dancer who is level 16 almost 17.

A little bit about the their builds.
The first nightseeker is the one with the nicer weapons (they both have Blade Flurry Maxed and two weapons equipped) and is focused on the Ice knife tree though she has Sand Throw and Nerve Throw too. The second nightseeker has Sand Throw maxed to blind things and is focused on the inflicting status tree (her two weapons have blind enchanted on them for more blinded enemies). Dancer has Regen Waltz, Fan Dance, and is working towards Guard Tango. The Fortress has Taunt, Auto Taunt, Strike Guard, and is working towards maxing Iron wall. The Runemaster has 2 in Fireball and Ice lance, and 4 in Lightning Rune. If I had to drop someone from the party it would be the runemaster. Her damage isn't nearly as good as the nightseekers and she relies on her tiny tp pool, at least she can hit multiple enemies.

I do have a level 5 Medic, level 3 Landsknecht, level 3 sniper waiting in town but if its possible to get to unlock subclasses without anyone being a medic then I'd rather use the party I have right now.
Tips/advice anyone?

isometric
Killclaw

Re: So I got this game for Christmas (party help)

Postby isometric » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:52 pm

CuriousEllie
Ragelope

Postby CuriousEllie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:50 am

@Garret, will do.

@Isometric
Thank you for the dancer help. I wasn't sure which dances to get besides the obvious healing one and the passive evasion skill. I do feel a bit bad about her, she is the one that always dies in my party hopefully she gets better at dodging!

I've been switching lines with my Fortress when it comes to FOE's; so far she doesn't need the tp gain, my nightseekers run out of tp first (or my bag fills up).

I'll replace my ruinmaster. She was the cutest one in my party <3. She wasn't very useful though (minus that dungeon with the scorpion that is weak to Ice, and the monsters in B3 that shoot out binds upon killing them unless you kill them with an elemental attack).

When is subclassing?
7 bosses away? 8?

isometric
Killclaw

Postby isometric » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:10 am

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan”