Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millenium no Shoujo announced!?

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

123 posts
Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millenium no Shoujo announced!

Postby Kimiko » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Only if it'll be FM-synth again. I'm still disappoint that the EO4 OST didn't go through.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 pm

yeah, the FM-synth/drama CD was ultimately canned for reasons unknown even to Yuzo Koshiro, himself =/

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:40 pm

He should go over to Atlus/5pb./whoever was responsible and kick them in the shins until they release the CDs.
Kimiko

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 am

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:35 am

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 am

What? *confused*
Kimiko

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 am

Shin is the first word in this game's title.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:00 am

the pun XD

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:46 am

In other news according to someone else I know, the screenshot in-battle showing the medic's skill list apparently contains Dark Hunter and Landsknecht skills simultaneously?

In other words there may be some form of subclassing or something going on here too.

(EO sprite templates )

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 am

I'm a bit skeptical about this whole new direction that the game seems to be going in. On one side: awesome! A brand new EO game after a new EO game is bound to make some heads turn. EO had stayed pretty underground with the release of the first two games but EO 3 brought it up significantly. EO 4 had managed to make the series pretty well known so that was a big plus. This new game will definitely make new people interested in it. For one reason or another.

One drawback I see is the lack of character customization. Now, the EO series was almost completely founded on making characters through the power of your imagination. Playing with pre-existing characters is like borrowing a friend's EO game halfway through its completion: sure you can try to make the characters your own, but it wouldn't feel the same.

One thing I despised was how people hated the EO series for lack of story. Yeah, cause making one's own story was so damn hard. Hopefully, this shuts those people up for good.

People like me will keep the numbered versions, others can fill their foul mouths with this spinoff. I'm not saying this new game sucks; I'm saying it'll be the first EO I won't get, at the moment. (Hopefully the only.) I'm not drawn to it very much BUT that's how I was with the EO 4... and that game is amazing.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:58 am

(EO sprite templates )

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:04 am

I mean, the game can work in this new direction. IF it is done correctly it could open a new door for the EO series. The bad thing is, I've been spoiled rotten by all the previous EO games so now, if a new EO is released, under my own eyes it HAS to follow the same guidelines as the previous games or else it loses some of its value. It may be the greatest thing to happen to EO since its inception but the lack of information keeps me sharply at bay.

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:35 am

Well it's still to early to tell just how much is getting changed in this game, but I'm optimistic that it won't be that much that would ruin the feel of an EO game..But I can see where some of the concerns would lie in supporting such a title with a purchase if it could affect the outcome of the next numbered version's plot and mechanics.

I guess all that's left to do now is wait until more info gets out or it's released...I do kinda of want it to succeed if only to help keep the EO series brand in a positive light..So I hope it turns out to be ok >.< I'm all for getting EO being more accesible to others that might not normally play this type of genre but not at the expense at what the ones that actually enjoy the genre have grown to love about the series.
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:38 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:47 am

123 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”