Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

741 posts
Kaname
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Postby Kaname » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:07 am

They didn't. You can solve this with a backup save in the DL copy, but that's about it :/

Spoiler for Grimoires and FOEs

Kaname
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kaname » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:55 am

Great skills to steal:

On similarities:

Terithian
Fenrir

Postby Terithian » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:27 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:45 am

so, worth the buy?

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:03 pm

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Would you say that classic's story is identical to EO1's? Even if it's not the focus, I'm hoping they've updated it. Oh, and how are the skills?

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Story in classic is pretty much identical. I never played the japanese EO1, but I'd not be surprised if the lines are unchanged. They did add voice stuff sometimes, though - Ren even had a full line at one point.

The skills are very different, though. Classes have one (a few have two) main mastery, which does stuff like up status effect chance for hexers or increase damage with whips for dark hunters. Now, if you level the mastery, all skills unlocked that way are automatically learned at 1.

There's a couple trees, nothing is level-locked. Ronins have the main katana mastery tree, a small HP tree and a small Attack tree, for example.

The grimoires make it even more different. A grimoire can have up to seven slots (well, I only found four-slot grimoires so far, but the UI holds room for 7). The slots can be filled with skills you find in battle. Including enemy skills, class skills, even masteries. My Ronin is currently equipped with a Grimoire that gives Mining 3, Charge 5, TP Up 3 and TP Regen 1.
You can technically have a character with skills from several different classes.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 pm

internisus
Ragelope

Postby internisus » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Some impressions of the story mode's first stratum, skills, what you can do at the new guild hall building, the fast travel mechanic, and FOE battles are available for those who have been starving for details since the Japanese release last week. I recommend not looking at this if you have a photographic memory since there are pictures of maps.

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:11 pm

So is it worth playing through story mode to unlock the extra classes? I have pretty much 0 interest in the story mode, but I wouldn't mind having Gunner unlocked. I guess what I'm wondering is if there's anything significantly different between Story and Classic modes in terms of extra content (other than the cutscenes/"storyline" and the extra classes, obviously).

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:43 am

There's an extra map (and probably some monsters on it - at least one FOE is missing in classic) for Story Mode.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:51 am

internisus
Ragelope

Postby internisus » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:40 pm

Many videos have been uploaded of FOE and boss fights on Youtube, but most have had comments disabled. A new user emerged who allowed comments, and I asked this question:

If you don't mind my asking an unrelated question, once you finish the main game in story mode, does it indicate anything to you with regard to starting a new game in classic mode? I've heard that doing so unlocks classes in that mode, but since there is only one save file you'd lose your progress. It doesn't tell you anything or promise that it'll save the record of your accomplishments if you go through with that, does it?

The user, Gema Yue, responded:

It have a very nice menu when doing a new game+ after cleared story mode.

You can select what to carry to classic mode (or start the story all over again).

Here is the list of thing you can carry over. All can toggle ON/OFF at the new game+ menu.

GUILD : Party Member, Grimoire , Money , Item

FACILITY : Reset the item list in the shop or not

BOOK : Reset the monster and item dictionary or not

MAP : Floor, Wall , Icon , Memo , Auto Pilot

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:37 pm

741 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”