EO Untold Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

704 posts
WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EO Untold Rantage!

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Last edited by WillowWolf on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:33 pm

BlueMortimer
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BlueMortimer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Boy, has it been a long time since I posted here or what? (Answer: It has been.)

Just picked up EOU a day or two ago because I (rather late) realized it came out earlier this month and I actually had funds (bit of a stupid snafu where I found out after the fact that my memory card didn't have enough memory for Monster Hunter AFTER I had charged funds for it; got rid of a few demos to be able to get EOU to fit on). Loving the way it's been handled so far -- the Grimoires are a fresh and inventive take on cross-class skills, the classes themselves have been revamped nicely, and the ways they're taking advantage of the un-fuzzying of the F.O.E.'s are rather interesting.

Most recently I've beaten , AKA , and its amazing acrobatic obnoxiousness, and am of the firm belief that it's trying to win the Atlus Boss of the Year Award with that lousy trick. Sure, it died without TOO much fuss-and-bother (less than some others have had, if complaints of sleep status are anything to go by), but this was a bit of a rude introduction to . However, I wonder, did anyone else get flashbacks to EOIV's with that part of Gladsheim?

In any event, I'm curious as to how much I should work my level up for the 2nd Stratum boss -- how far should I take my party from Level 18-or-so? I'm asking way ahead of time because I'm worried I might skid my way to it without getting to the proper level, which I'll admit happened to me at least ONCE before when I first encountered this series (once upon a time, this dolt kept getting stomped by the 2nd Stratum boss of EOII, only to find that they were under-leveled by almost 10 levels) . . . and I don't want to have a repeat of that experience.

Also, err, if I may ask a question that may be some real late-game spoilers . . .

For a third-and-final question . . . I ended up getting Binding Howl from a Skoll, but I'm wondering whether it's STR-based or TEC-based (for the sake of figuring out what Grimoire Stones I should fuse it with). Anyone have any ideas on the matter, as it's non-elemental damage (which I frankly would not mind employing)?

And finally, @ Wolkenritter: If you came over from the Story Mode, Highlander has some skills that sap HP from the party to pay for it, including one that ups the chance for ailments (Blood Fortune) -- failing that, though, I've got nothin' that comes to mind.

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:21 pm

So we're sure that everything that applies to ailments means both status conditions and binds?

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Skorch
Ragelope

Postby Skorch » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:31 pm

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:01 am

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:08 am

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:17 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:19 am

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:00 am

At first, I was like 'SWEET. A skill calculator!' then I was like 'WTH it's all in Japanese D':'
Ah well. Hopefully the people who worked on the Skill calcs for III and IV do one for Untold, too ^_^. Nifty things, those.
If I could code at all, I'd totally try. Since I can't code at all, I'm not even going to.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:16 am

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:34 am

so much hate for 12F

SO much

EDIT: Got past it.

(EO sprite templates )

704 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”