EO Untold Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

704 posts
halifix
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EO Untold Rantage!

Postby halifix » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:51 pm

In the 3rd stratum. I thought I was overleveled, but I'm actually finding it decently challenging. My highlander got OHKO by , even with HP Up 5. He was wearing the best armor I can get, other than my stat boosting gloves. And the was a wonderful learning experience with RNG.

BlueMortimer
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BlueMortimer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:14 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 pm

there's no crazy hoops that I can think of, but it's been a long time since i've seen it

as for the 2nd stratum boss i think if you can handle all the random encounters on the 10th floor then you can handle the boss.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:36 pm

I just got to the fourth stratum, and even though its desolate and stuff, it looks gorgeous in 3D, in my opinion, anyways.

Also, all my hate is belonging to Corotrangul (Or whatever that THINGS name is.) It took, like, fifty billion trys to beat it, and I almost went insane, but beating it was spectacular. I have a feeling that whatever the next boss is, i'm going to hate it more, though. :/

EDIT: I also hope that Ren and Tlachtga can join your team later on, maybe in classic mode. Since they temporarily join your team in the beginning of Story Mode, it stands to reason that they MIGHT, but meh, if anyone knows if they can or can't, message me or something please. :P
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 pm

don't message him, let it be a surprise

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 am

So... I tried to make a bind party (DH/Ecstasy focused) and it failed miserably.

Without Releasal Spell from Arcanists from EO4, binding the same target twice is pretty much impossible, so once the said enemy's head/arms/legs are unbound, guess who's never going to use Ecstasy ever again?

Anyway... I gave up and I'm trying an offensive Revenge Hexer build, supported by an Alchemist (pure offensive) and a Protector/Medic that keeps her at low health. Basically what I do is have the Hexer die with the CPR buff on her (reviving her at 1 HP), then spam the shit out of Bravery's Gift (this game's version of Party Shield, I think, though it only frickin works if she's not goddamned PARALYZED) and Revenge Curse. Also I throw all my +HP gear onto my Hexer for maximum damage. I think I should get Action Boost on her too, got a few of those lying around somewhere. Obviously the Medic keeps the Protector alive with Heal (not Cure). The last slot I just threw in my Highlander, I'm thinking of maybe using Legion skills to lower the Hexer's HP, but not sure what I'll finalize that slot on. I'm seriously considering double Protector, one to tank (max out DEF and HP as high as possible), with the other one using Front Shield and the elemental blocks to lower the damage the maintank takes.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:54 am

I thought that between the hexer and DH, full binding enemies was easy enough. but just getting two binds up is enough for ecstasy to do a lot of damage

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:12 am

My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Skorch
Ragelope

Postby Skorch » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 am

I don't really care for the alchemist portraits, so I'm thinking of retiring my alchemist to a medic, grind them up and then class change them to an alchemist. A medic because I like the portrait and the stats are pretty good for an alchemist. Only thing is, I'm not sure if it would really be worth the effort.

ReviledOneTres
Ragelope

Postby ReviledOneTres » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:43 am

I began from EO IV, and never used the clover once. Chests got either the yellow star (for normal and tall, golden chests) or the white star cluster (for the locked chests), with the exception of a quest-specific one which just got an Exclamation Mark. All annotated.

In EO Untold, I use the clover icon, but for limited, non-treasure-related uses.

Also, may I point out to the one wanting to reclass a Medic as an Alchemist that they'll still only have a Medic's stat growth?

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 am

Skorch
Ragelope

Postby Skorch » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:31 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:15 am

Skorch
Ragelope

Postby Skorch » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:28 am

Yes, boost works the same as the original, increasing the skill lv by 5.

704 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”