EO Untold Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

704 posts
MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EO Untold Rantage!

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:49 pm

I think the in 4 isn't the same as in 1. Seems to be more something to make the player go 'dear god, not again. will they never learn'

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:03 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MeltingPenguins » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:04 pm

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Goddammit. I must've reset everything when I NG+'d and now I'm missing Gladsheim mobs/items/Codex entries.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRG

I just fucking remembered that you need the Story Mode version of the final boss to unlock . GUESS I'LL HAVE TO RERUN STORY MODE

Please don't do this in EO:U II, Atlus, it's fucking garbage.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:08 pm

Finally got this game. gonna do Classic mode first, i guess. Let's see how long it takes for me to have problems.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Lilac
Ragelope

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:20 am

I just got the demo for this game and...damnit I'm going to have to shell out more money to buy another EO game, aren't I? T_T

It's really good.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:28 am

Well, i've picked up the game again. i don't know why i still can't finish it.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:09 am

Trying out a strange combination for me, Landy/protector, Hexer, alchemist, medic. first use of landy, and i don't have a lot of physical damage or status effects, so this may be difficult

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:39 am

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:43 pm

What i originaly meant was because the only real physical damage source i have is the Landy, so if he goes down, I won't have any good source of damage for a while, baring elemental from my alchemist

chipndip
Ragelope

Postby chipndip » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:38 am

Can someone PLEASE help me with Primeval in this damn game?

Like, I don't know if anyone responds to this thread anymore, but I'm at my wit's end. My formation's something along the lines of

-----------------------------------------------
Front Row

Dark Hunter:
Heaven to Hell
Holy Aspis
Ghost Vest
Moss Brooch

Protector:
Holy Armor
Holy Aspis
Shinryuu
Town Medal

Back Row

Hexer:
Sage Wand
Hex Mantle
Great Helm
Hex Fang Amulet

Gunner (from Ronin):
Megido Gun
Dragoonery
Old Choker
Lightning Gage

Alchemist:
Sage Wand
Kaya. Crown
Mobius Alb
Athanor

------------------------------------------

Every time I get to stage 4, I die. I think it's impossible to keep him from spamming elements, but the fact that you can't even tell which element he's going to do at that stage UNTIL he uses the first one is what gets me. On top of that, he could always just Root Cyclone right after or the turn after that. Trying to fear him, although possible, is just not even remotely reliable. What the hell do I do so I don't get randomly thrown into 33/33/33 x 50/50 coin flips?

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:28 pm

I suggest using a level 10 CPR from the Medic (As a Grimoire or from the Medic themself). It actually helps when you are not sure of the next move.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:37 pm

Final stage pattern is one of two possible patterns:
Tangling Ray or Necrosis or Ancient Pollen > Land Slash or Demonic Rush > Random Element > Random Element > Root Cyclone > Cell Membrane or Activate

or

Tangling Ray or Necrosis or Ancient Pollen > Land Slash or Demonic Rush > Random Element > Root Cyclone > Random Element > Cell Membrane or Activate

If you have the offense to do so, you can usually kill him after the 2nd random element (Or first Root Cyclone). But yeah, that last phase is nasty no matter how you look at it. Getting lucky and head binding him will lock out the element moves as well, which means you'll only need to worry about Root Cyclone.

chipndip
Ragelope

Postby chipndip » Fri May 01, 2015 12:55 am

Actually, I don't think you can bind his elemental moves. He's been spamming those on me even when I have 2-3 binds on him...which is the worst part. =[

Leg binding DOES remove Root Cyclone, and I think arm binding removes Cell Membrane, although I have the worst luck binding his arms...

Edit: So after grinding this fight all week, if not longer (can't remember), and after being so desperate I made an account here, I finally killed the thing.

I gave the Hexer lvl 10 Warrior's song since I had a Troub in my party before I heard about King's Resolve + Armageddon. She also had lvl 10 Burning Ray to attack with before that, but I didn't list grimoires for anyone to know. Basically, I debuffed him with boosted Frailty + boosted Dilution, then buffed myself with boosted Analysis on my Alchy and my Gunner. When he was a tad below half health, the plan was to land a head + leg bind, then use a boosted Warrior's song, then on the turn he misses Root Cyclone on his third phase, I prep a ton of action boosts, so on the turn after I burst him so hard he misses phase 4 altogether...then he lived with a sliver of health since my non-Gunners weren't using lvl 10 action boosts. However, he ended up trying to use King's Resolve while head bound, and it gave me enough time to kill him dead. Mission accomplished. In the end, the line "if you have the offense to do so" geared my train of thought from "survive" to "kill the damn thing before I die", so thanks for that.

I'll still be hovering around for EOU2, though. o.o/

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Fri May 01, 2015 6:16 pm

congratulations chipndip! :)

Mole-chan I....

704 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”