Story or Classic?

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
c.a.t.
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Story or Classic?

Postby c.a.t. » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:47 am

Now, i know this has already been posted somewhere before, but I just need some help
I’m not a beginner to the series, I have played EO4 to death and I was looking to play this one as well
I’m having a hard time deciding which mode of the game I should play though, Story or Classic
I’m leaning more towards classic, but I can’t decide on a balanced team for Classic, so some help there would be appreciated
All help is very appreciated!
it’s your boi, the medic

Kinokokao
ItL Moderator

Re: Story or Classic?

Postby Kinokokao » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:11 am

IIRC EOI isn’t as forgiving as EOIV... you can play any team but there are some just better than others. I’d poke around the EOI forum and see what’s there for advice maybe

KKINO I FUKKIN LOVE YOU MAN

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Re: Story or Classic?

Postby SteelCrow » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:36 pm

I don't know if this question is still relevant or matters, but I only just saw it today and I have a strong opinion on the matter.

Play Classic first. It's not about class balancing or what skills to pick, simply because Story mode spoils EVERYTHING. The intro movie also ruins everything. Just like 90% of anime opening credits.

From my experience playing the original EO1, I got not even a single hint that . My strongest memory from that game was dropping into the 5th stratum and my jaw going down with it. I was floored at how completely I was taken by surprise.

My second strongest memory was of my Troubadour and Protector handling all the healing, no Medic required. The skill Relaxing got me very well accustomed to endless TP regen. EO5's food is finally managing to break my addiction, since I know I don't have to reserve any TP for the trip home (Warp Wires could be forgotten).

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”